When exporting a PDF to PPTX- images blurry and low quality

I followed the example, but the images in my exported PPTX are much lower quality than in the original PDF.

Convert PDF documents using C# API|Aspose.PDF for .NET

However, when I export the pages using the JPEG device, each page comes through quite clearly, including the charts in the page.

Are there options for setting image quality on PPTX export?
Or is there compress of images going on?

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the input PDF file, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

I’ve attached my Java driver program.

I created the PDF using Adobe InDesign and the attached image.
The .pptx is the output of the program. Additionally, it will output the image it got out of the pdf.
I am currently using a trial license if that makes any difference.

Comparing the outputted image against the original image, I can see no loss of quality after putting it into the PDF and getting it out.

However, the image in the PPTX is much lower quality, with noticeable blurring at normal zoom.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for sharing further details.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the problem that the image in the PPTX is lower quality. For the sake of correction I have logged a ticket PDFJAVA-36666 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this issue and will keep you updated on the status of its resolution within this forum thread. Please be patient and spare us little time.

As a workaround, you can add exported images inside each PPT slide using Aspose.Slides

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-36666) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for Java 21.4.