Reading QR code appears to be not working for a document using Aspose.BarCode for .NET

I use the following code to read QR code; I tried passing in higher resolution too and also tried various other options extracting as a jpeg file and using PDF extractor. None of them seems to work. I have a small mobile app and other software that i am using to test and it seems to work there.

Am I missing something? Can you please advise? I would really appreciate your response!
Attaching the file…

using (var imageStream = new MemoryStream())
{

string codeText = null;

//Aspose.Pdf.Devices.Resolution resolution = new Aspose.Pdf.Devices.Resolution(300);

//Get page in memory

PngDevice pngDevice = new PngDevice();

pngDevice.Process(pdfDocument.Pages[pageNumber], imageStream);

//using (BarCodeReader barcodeReader = new BarCodeReader(imageStream))

using (BarCodeReader barcodeReader = new BarCodeReader(imageStream, DecodeType.QR))

{

while (barcodeReader.Read())

{

codeText = barcodeReader.GetCodeText();

//app logic

}

}

}

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your inquriy. I have converted your shared PDF to Image both using Aspose.Pdf and Adobe Acrobat, but Aspose.Barcode and other online barcode tools/apps are unable to recognize QR code from the image. We will appreciate it if you please name the mobile app and other software those recognizing QR code at your end, it will help us to investigate the issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Thanks for your quick response!

I am using QR scanner mobile app and lead tools demo app (LEADTOOLS Document Viewer Demo) to validate the QR code. Both are returning me the result.

Any help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for sharing the additional information. We are looking into the issue and will update you with our findings soon.

Best Regards,

Do you have any updates on this issue? Can we get an ETA please?

Thanks,
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. I have installed the LeadTools Barcode Demo app, but I am afraid it is not recognizing QR code from the image either. However I have logged an investigation ticket BARCODENET-36456 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. As soon as our product team completes the issue investigation then we will share some ETA/update with you.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

The latest DLLs we received from Leadtools recognizes the barcode. I am attaching additional files (barcodeimage.Zip) for your reference/validation. All these files are recognizable by Leadtools library.

It is very critical for our application and I would really appreciate if you could investigate and provide a quick turn around on this issue.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for sharing additional information. We have shared your sample files with the product team. They have already planned the issue investigation and we will notify you as soon as we get an update.

Furthermore, please note recently shared barcodeimage1.png image is successfully recognizing by latest version of Aspose.Barcode for .NET.

Best Regards,

Do you have any updates on this issue?

FYI, we know the barcodeimage1.png was working. I sent all different combination that we are validating. We are more interested on the other barcode image and PDF file (attached in the zip file) that was not working.

Can you please provide me an update on your investigation?

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your feedback. Our product team has complete the issue investigation and now working for its fix, but I am afraid it is more complex that expected. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-36456) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.