Need to fit large text in cell by showing initial few characters followed by '...'

Hi,

I have a requirement to generate table with some data.
Data can be large so I want to show few initial characters appended by ‘…’ in the cell so that the cell height should not be changed,

For Example:

If Data = 'I am using Aspose PDF’
then cell data shall be: ‘I am using…’.

I’m using Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Table to generate the table.
Please suggest appropriate steps.

Quick response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ashis

Hi Ashis,

Thanks for your inquriy. I am afraid we do not have some specific functionality related to your requirements. You may device a custom logic for the purpose, check the data length and if it is greater than the specified length then replace it with the desired data(first few characters appended with ‘…’).

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

In my requirement, data length may vary for different cells.This logic can be implemented by checking the length of the cell and comparing this with the data length while filling the data in a particular cell.

Could you please specify how can I check the length of a particular cell/column?

Note: I’m using ‘Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Table’ class.

Regards,
Ashis

Hi Ashis,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently we can not check length of a cell in table. We have already logged a feature request PDFNEWNET-38548 for the same in our issue tracking system. We have linked your post to the issue id, we will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

Furthermore, please note we have logged the request in new generator(Aspose.Pdf), as we are not making any fix or improvement in old generator(Aspose.Pdf.Generator). Old generator will be obsolete in near future.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-38548) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(9)