HELP: JavaScript runtime error: 'XPathEvaluator' is undefined

Hello,
I have updated to the version 8.0.2 and on IE11/10 I am getting this error:
"JavaScript runtime error: ‘XPathEvaluator’ is undefined"
With
version of IE10 and up (I have IE11 now… emulation with IE9 has
different issues with the new aspose version but it was running fine the
the ver 6).

I read that XPathEvaluator is not supported by IE !!!

Can you please advice ASAP!?!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Also, I have this acwmain.js version: "//Copyright © 2001-2011 Aspose Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved."

Is there any other newer versions?

Thanks

Hi,

We recommend you to kindly try our latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb i.e. v8.0.1.xxx, you may get this version after installing Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.0.2 package from Downloads module. Also please use and specify acw_client folder path (@ your installation directory) in your web.config file, do not use any older version of any files/items present in acw_client folder.

Well, I am afraid, currently Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does not work very well on IE10/11, so you have to use the compatibility mode of IE8/9 to work with it on IE10/11 browser type. You may try to add the following line of code in the header section in .aspx page:
e.g
Sample code:

If you still find any issue, kindly do create a sample project (runnable) with v8.0.1.2xxx (GridWeb), zip it and post it here to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hello Amjad,
thank you for your kind clarifications.

I have a problem though: where do I find the new version of acwmain???
When I download the zip file I can find only the dlls and the example exe.

Besides, we are currently using the version 6.0 and it’s working quiet ok with IE9 so far.
Why should we spend 999$ for the latest version license? Whar are the relevant pros if the newest version is not working with IE10/11?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

Well, to get the latest acwmain.js or any other resource items/files resided in acw_client folder, you need to use MSI installer of Aspose.Cells for .NET package and install it on some machine, so you can get the file in the path, e.g “…\Aspose\Aspose.Cells for .NET\acw_client” @ your installation directory.

Thank you.

Oh dear,
now I understand why I couldn’t find it anywhere :).
It would be nice and easy to put those files in the DLL zip though. Fact is that there are some policies which prevent us to download executables and installers like msi files, so at the moment I am also unable to make the msi download.

Thank you for the infos.

Getting back to the versioning, could you please let me know where I can find the major differences between Cells 6 and Cells 8?

Also, is there any plan to make upgrades in order to let aspose running nicely with IE10/11?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Well, we will check if we could add acw_client files as well to the Dlls version of the product.
To check the new fixes and enhancements that are included in different versions (Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v6.0.0.xxx - v8.0.1.xxxx), you may see the release notes of previous Aspose.Cells for .NET versions here:

Also, we did enhance the GridWeb control for IE10/IE11 compatibility in the new versions, it works better now, you may try our latest version and let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hello Amjad,
I finally replaced the acwmain folder with the most recent, as you adviced (from the msi installer of Aspose.Cells 8.0.2). This the versioning I can find in the js: //Copyright © 2001-2012 Aspose Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Is this correct?

When I switch the IE version to 10 here the result:

break points:
root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement(“SELECT”));
root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement(“CELLS”));
root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement(“SIZES”));
root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement(“POSITION”));
root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement(“ASYNC”));

Error with IE10:
JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property ‘appendChild’ of undefined or null reference

Also, when I attempt to open the js VS says:
The line endings in the following file are not consistent. Do you wnat to normalize the line endings?
C:\Working Folder…\acw_client\acwmain.js

Giving me options like
Line ending:
Windows (CR LF)

To be honest it’s just the same behaviour I can see with the version 6.0 of which we already have a valid license.
It seems that appendChild method is not supported by IE10/11 also… still the acwmain picks it straight.

Is the acwmain that I indicated the proper version?

Anyway, it seems that with IE9 is working fine, both v6 and v8… no differences have been appreciated.

Waiting for your advise/suggestions.

Thank you,
Emilio

Hi,

Well, I think you are using correct version of acwmain.js in the acw_client folder with v8.0.1.2xxx

EmilioNT:

When I switch the IE version to 10 here the result:

break points:
root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement("SELECT"));
root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement("CELLS"));
root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement("SIZES"));
root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement("POSITION"));
root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement("ASYNC"));

Error with IE10:
JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'appendChild' of undefined or null reference

Could you give us sample project (runnable), zip it and post it here with latest Aspose.Cells.GridWeb control and its resource files, we will check it soon. We did include a few enhancements for IE10/11 but still we think the newer browser types are not fully supported, anyways, we will further evaluate it using your project.

EmilioNT:

Also, when I attempt to open the js VS says:
The line endings in the following file are not consistent. Do you wnat to normalize the line endings?
C:\Working Folder\...\acw_client\acwmain.js

Giving me options like
Line ending:
Windows (CR LF)

I noticed this pop up message, you may ignore this error message of VS.NET as it will not hurt anything, we will also check to figure it out.

Moreover, in the meantime you may continue using latest Aspose.Cells.GridWeb control on IE10/11 in IE9/8 compatibility mode.

Thank you.