Adding metadata information for selected text

Hi,

I am working on import/export word document using Aspose.Word java apis. I have a particular scenario.

1. Import an exiting word document as DOCX in my application. Get the HTML form the imported document and show it to the user on browser.
2. User can select some part of text and add some mete data for the selected text on UI. We add this meta data by inserting a SPAN tag around the selected text in document HTML.
3. Now we want to export the same HTML in word document with meta data information.
4. User can modify/add some text in the exported document and then he can import is back in our application.
5. On import we want all the metadata information, which we have added at the time of exporting.
6. Right now, when we edit the exported document, word mess up with the SPAN tags inserted for metadata and we lost the metadata information while importing it back.

I will be great if you can suggest some way to provide the metadata information for selected text.
Can we do it using SmrtTags? If yes, then please provide us the sample code for same.

Thanks,
Anant Bankey

Hi Anant,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The technique discussed here may be of use to you. Please let me know if this is suitable for you.

Thanks,

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for a good idea regarding exporting HTML with metadata/custom data, but we decided to postpone work on this issue until we implement some of the earlier HTML features from our backlog.