Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RPLProcessing.RPLImageData' to type 'pzd'

Hi I am getting following error when exporting Reports to Slides…

(works with some reports and fails with others)

Server Error in ‘/Reports’ Application.

Unable to cast object of type ‘Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RPLProcessing.RPLImageData’ to type ‘pzd’.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportServerException: Unable to cast object of type ‘Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RPLProcessing.RPLImageData’ to type ‘pzd’.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ReportServerException: Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RPLProcessing.RPLImageData' to type 'pzd'.]

[ReportServerException: An error occurred during rendering of the report.]

[ReportServerException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. (rrRenderingError)]

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.ServerUrlRequest(Boolean isAbortable, String url, Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +1018

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +1329

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerModeSession.RenderReport(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection additionalParams, Boolean cacheSecondaryStreamsForHtml, String& mimeType, String& fileExtension) +209

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ExportOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response) +219

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +171

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4952; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

right, I managed to narrow down this error,

I have a text box in a report that displays image and dynamically writes text as a value depending up on report parameter. There is no issue what so ever while running this report but when export to any Aspose Slides generates above error.

Obviously the error can be avaoided by removing or making text box invisible..

kindly advise a suitable solution.

Hello Dear,

I have tried to understand the issue specified by you. I will really appreciate, if you may please share the RDL file along with the data source using Adventure Works for further investigation. I appreciate your cooperation in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

the requested sample RDL attached, no DB link req.

the error is caused with Toolbar button, remove or hide and no more error...

Hello Dear,

Thanks for sharing the desired RDL file. I have worked with the RDL file and have been able to export the report to PPT using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.5.0. For your kind reference, I have also attached the exported PPT as well. Please proceed to download section here for downloading the mentioned version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks Mudassir,

I'm surprised you did not get any erro, I'm using Aspose Slides 3.6 and still get error.

I've noted this is a know issue reported last month?

https://forum.aspose.com/t/90106

can you cross reference this issue with above and advice when resolution gets available..?

Hello Dear,

I have discussed the issue with our development team. Actually, we modified the Aspose.Slides for Reporting Service 3.6.0 in download section. There may be a high probability that you might be using the older product instance of Aspose.Slides for RS 3.6.0. Can you please download the latest release which is available for download from here and share your thoughts. But please first properly un-install the older version and then install the newer one. Please also share the Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll version installed in your computer.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks, I retested with a new RDL but same error.

Here are the details:

# Slides uninstalled from Control Panel

# Re-Installed Slieds 3.6.0, Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll version 3.6.2.0

# created simple RDL where a Text box displays current time and has a background image (attached!)

# received same error....

Current Environment

> Windows 2008 R2 64 bit

> SQL 2008 R2

Hello Dear,

Thanks for sharing the additional details about your environment. I have been able to reproduce the issue on SQL Server 2008 R2. Eearlier, I verified on SQL Server 2008 SP2 as no product information was shared. Please accept my apologies that it took that much time to reproduce the issue. An issue with ID 21475 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

not a problem, Mudassir.

I look forward to receiving a resolution in short period.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 21475) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.