HtmlSaveOptions.setExportGridLines does not render to HTML

Hi Aspose team

As the scenario mentioned in this thread:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/26234&Subj=about-htmlsaveoptions.setexportgridlines-and-cell-s-border

1. HtmlSaveOptions.setExportGridLines does not render grid lines to HTML.
2. With our custom method fixCellStyle, which adds the gray grid lines and ignores the cell’s borders style already exists, some borders did changed its style to grid lines

I Open this thread for problem #1, and we will keep tracking these 2 problem as well
Thanks your help :slight_smile:

Best,
Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for splitting the issues in 2 threads. I have attached the previously logged ticket CELLSJAVA-41980 with this thread, and we will continue the conversion regarding the aforementioned issue here.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-41980 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Hi Shakeel.Faiz

Grid lines can be observed in the result. But some part of it cannot be rendered correctly in the result from the another file.

Please see the files in the attachment

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

The chart which is not getting rendered is actually a Surface chart. We are afraid, Aspose.Cells does not support rendering of Surface chart. So surface chart is not supported. Please use some other chart instead of surface chart.

We have already logged an issue of support surface chart but it is not in our plans to support it in near future and it might take years to support it. However we have linked your thread to existing issue. Once, there is some news for you, we will update you asap.

This issue has already been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-40316 - Support for Surface Chart

Hi Shakeel.Faiz

I am sorry about misunderstanding about this issue.
But actually I mean some part of grid lines are not rendered correctly, not the chart.

Craig

Hi,

Thanks for your clarification and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue as per your description and found that gridlines behind shapes are not exported when converted to html

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42125 - Gridlines behind Shapes are not exported when converted to Html

I have attached the source excel file used in the following test code and output html generated by it as well as screenshot showing the issue for a reference.

Java
Workbook wb = new Workbook(dirPath + “sample.xlsx”);

HtmlSaveOptions opts = new HtmlSaveOptions();
opts.setExportGridLines(true);

wb.save(dirPath + “out.html”, opts);

Hi,

It is to inform you that the issue CELLSJAVA-42125 is in progress and we are working over it. However, there is no ETA available for it as yet. We will keep you updated with news available regarding this issue.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v16.12.7 (attached).

Your issue “CELLSJAVA-42125” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42125;CELLSJAVA-41980) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Amjad Sahi

I tried Cells 17.1.0, the grid lines of this file can be rendered correctly.
Thanks for fixing this issue.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the confirmation. It is good to know that you are up & running again. Please feel free to contact us back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.