- What types of support do you offer?
- What's the difference between free and enhanced support?
- I have a problem and I want to call you about it. Why can't I?
- What is your end of service policy?
- What happens if one of your products is discontinued?
- How long do you normally support a product?
- If I find a problem in an old product, will you fix it?
1. What types of support do you offer?
For a list of our support options, go to the Support Options page. It gives a brief overview of each support option and links to a more detailed description.
2. What's the difference between free and enhanced support?
Everyone who uses Aspose products has access to our free support. We deal with all queries and issues as they are raised in our support forums. If your organization needs more focused attention, or want a faster response, consider enhanced support. Our enhanced support options offer extra peace of mind with agreed response times and access to our developers or project managers. See more support options.
3. I have a problem and I want to call you about it. Why can't I?
Aspose's development team is dispersed across several time zones, this means our support service has a high availability due to having team members across the globe. If we had a dedicated phone team, that would not be the case. Experience shows that the support forums is the best way for us to make sure that everyone gets their requests addresses in a timely manner.
4. What is your end of service policy?
End of service refers to the part of a product's life cycle when it is no longer supported by development and/or support. This can be either because the product has been superseded by a later version, or because it has been retired.
Most Aspose products have long and healthy lives. They grow in increments, from minor upgrades (version 1.1) to major upgrades (version 2.0). Most products have a major release a year, but this is not a hard and fast rule. We release features and functionality that our customers ask for. Sometimes this means more than one major release in a year, sometimes it means releasing fewer.
We only support the most recent version. This means that if someone finds a problem in version 8.1 and the current version is 8.4, we check if the problem exists in the current version.
- If it does not, we simply suggest that the customer update their software.
- If it does, we fix it for the current version. In this example, a hotfix takes the product to version 8.4.1 or 8.5, depending on whether the update contains other fixes or features. A customer with version 8.1 can install the hotfix provided they have a valid subscription.
With a valid subscription, you always have access to the most up-to-date version of the product, including all the latest features and fixes.
5. What happens if one of your products is discontinued?
We do not often have to discontinue a product, but when we do, we do our best to ensure that the process gives as little inconvenience to our users as possible.
Two things can happen:
- We decide that there is not enough market for a product so we will no longer develop it. Support continues until your subscription ends.
- We decide to merge two products and discontinue one or both of the original products. We continue to support merged products until the last subscription ends and we always offer a clear upgrade path to the new product.
Read more about discontinued products.
6. How long do you normally support a product?
When you buy a product license for the first time, you get a one year subscription. The subscription entitles you to software updates. We support the latest version of a product until there is a newer version. When it comes to support on how to do perform specific actions, we continue to help customers with out-of-date products but we are strict about development. We only develop hotfixes for the latest version of a product.
How long a product remains at the same version depends on how many change requests and issues we get from our users. Popular products tend to change more quickly than our less popular products: we put our efforts where our customers ask us to.
7. If I find a problem in an old product, will you fix it?
If the problem still exists in the latest version of the software, yes, we will consider building a hotfix. But remember: we only build hotfixes for the latest version of the software so unless you have the latest version you cannot use the hotfix.
We strongly suggest that our users protect their investment by making sure that they have an up to date subscription. A subscription entitles you to free updates and fixes for a year and means that you will always have the very latest software.
If you have questions about our support which are not answered here, contact our sales team and they will answer them for you.