Formatting Issue with aspose-pdf when converting pdf to ppt

Hi,

I am using aspose-pdf-16.11.0 to convert pdf to ppt document.

Below is the sample code:

public void generatePPTReport() {
try {
// Create license object
com.aspose.pdf.License license = new com.aspose.pdf.License();
// Load the license file into FileStream object
InputStream licence = new FileInputStream(new File(“E://Reports//Aspose.Pdf.lic”));
license.setLicense(licence);

// Load source PDF file
InputStream reportDoc = new FileInputStream(new File(“E://Reports//Assessment Summary.pdf”));
System.out.println(reportDoc.available());
com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(reportDoc);

// Instantiate PptxSaveOptions instance
com.aspose.pdf.PptxSaveOptions pptx_save = new com.aspose.pdf.PptxSaveOptions();

// Save the output in PPTX format
pdfDocument.save(“E://Reports//Assessment Summary.pptx”, pptx_save);
reportDoc.close();
} catch (Exception e) {
throw new RuntimeException(“Error thrown while generating PPT using Aspose.pdf.”
+ e.getLocalizedMessage(), e);
}
}

After running above program “Assessment Summary.pptx” file generates successfully. However there are formatting issues. Please open the attached Assessment Summary.pptx file and go to page number 4. Table formatting is completely messed up.

Also if you see page number 5 and 7, there also table header and row formatting is not correct. Please refer attached the Assessment Summary.pdf file for comparison.

I have one more pdf file(Virtual Analytics Report.pdf) which I want to convert into ppt. However with that also I am facing formatting issues. I am attaching generated Virtual Analytics Report.pptx file. In this file if you go to page number 4 and 5 table header and row formatting is messed up. Also in page number 10 top right box formatting is also not correct.

I am attaching Assessment Summary.pdf and Virtual Analytics Report.pdf files used as an input for above program. Also attaching generated pptx file for both pdf.

Please resolve this issue ASAP and let me know the solution.

Thanks
Kamal Sethiya

Hello Kamal,

Thanks for using our API’s.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the problem that after conversion to ppt, the pptx file has formatting issues. I have logged it as PDFJAVA-36445 in our issue tracking system for further investigation.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Could you please let me know by when this issue will be resolved? Actually without above fix we won’t be able to release one of the major feature on our product. We are using aspose.pdf OEM licence.

Thanks
Kamal

Hello Kamal,

Thanks for contacting support.

We are pleased to share that the issue reported earlier is resolved and its fix will be included in upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.2.0 which is scheduled to release in February-2017. Please be patient and wait for the new release.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-36445) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.