Detect EAN13 with missing end marker

Dear,

We have some corrupted EAN 13 where only the end marker is missing (image truncated).

Is there any way for the library to detect them ? (I’ve tried several settings, but did not managed to read it…)

With my best regards

See 2 examples : 1 complete, 1 incomplete.

Alexandre
Hi Alexandre,

Thank you for your inquiry and providing sample barcode images.

We have evaluated the scenario of incomplete EAN13 barcode at our end. It was found that the incomplete EAN13 coded barcode is not readable. However, if we add the following line of code the barcode reader returns : 516051422154

BarCodeReader.setRecognitionMode(RecognitionMode.MaxBarCodes);

Dear,

That’s not good for us :frowning:

If i use your parameter, and try with the attached document, it returns nothing…

Alexandre
Hi Alexandre,

Thank you for sharing sample with us.

We have evaluated the scenario at our end. It was found that the issue persists. The issue has been logged into our system with ID BARCODJAVA-10. Our product team will look into it. We will update you accordingly via this forum thread.

Dear,

Do you have an update ? as our customer is facing a big problem with a lot of documents to scan… and we need to buy a new library which can handle those incomplete bar codes.

With my best regards

Alexandre
Hi Alexandre,

Thank you for writing us back.

We have asked our product team to provide an update on this issue. As soon as any update is available the same will be shared with you via this post thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Alexandre,

This is to update you that our product team is working on this issue. The issue will be fixed in .Net version and then code will be auto ported to JAVA version. We hope that the solution will be available around second week of November, 2016.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.