PDF417 barcode not encoding tilde

When generating a PDF417 barcode, the ‘~’ characters are not encoded. For example, I use:

BarCodeBuilder b = new BarCodeBuilder() { SymbologyType = Symbology.Pdf417, AspectRatio = 4f, Pdf417ErrorLevel = Pdf417ErrorLevel.Level4, CodeLocation = CodeLocation.None };

b.CodeText = “A^aa^a^a^a^someFreeText~B^bb^b^b^b^OtherFreeText~C^cc^c^c^c^LastFreeText|”;

using (MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream())
{
b.Save(ms, BarCodeImageFormat.Jpeg);
}

After I save the image to disk, or merge the image into a PDF document and scan the barcode, the string becomes:
A^aa^a^a^a^someFreeTextB^bb^b^b^b^OtherFreeTextC^cc^c^c^c^LastFreeText|

Please advise on how to correct this. Thank you.

Hi Casey,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support. We managed to replicate the problem of ‘~’ symbol not being read properly in PDF417 barcode. We’ve logged an investigation under ticket id BARCODENET-34234 in our issue tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Shahzad,

Thank you for your update. If this is a bug, do you have any estimate on when it will be corrected? I am getting near the end of a large integration project, and this barcode is required for one of the final pieces of that project.

Thanks again,
Casey

Hi Casey,

Thank you for the inquiry. This issue has just been identified. Our product team requires a little time to investigate it. Once it is fixed, then you will get an email intimation. Furthermore, we have logged your concern against the ticket id BARCODENET-34234. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as an update is available.

I found that if I set if Pdf417CompactionMode to binary that the tilde will remain in the barcode, that seems to work for now.

Thanks,
Casey

Hi Casey,

Thank you for updating us. It’s nice to hear from you that you have managed a workaround. We’ll let you know once the original issue has been fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-34234) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.