Excel TREND() function not able to calculate using CalculateFormula()

Hi Aspose Team,

In our excel, we have TREND() function as below:

=TREND($A$2:$A$8,($B$2:$B$8)^{1,2,3},B2^{1,2,3});

It seems like Aspose can not calculate this formula in excel, so we made a transformation to make this formula simple, like below:

=TREND($A$2:$A$8,$B$2:$D$8,$B$2:$D$2)

but still failed to get the value from formula above.

Could you give me any suggestions on how to handle such issue? I attached the sample file here.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have tested this issue with the following sample code using your source excel file with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java 8.5.0. Microsoft Excel calculates the value of Trend function as 10.77266841 while Aspose.Cells calculates it as 16.53564699.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-41388 - Excel TREND function not able to calculate using CalculateFormula

I have attached the output pdf file generated by this code for a reference.

Java

String filePath = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\aspose_sample_updated.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.calculateFormula();

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();

opts.setOnePagePerSheet(true);

workbook.save(filePath + “.out.pdf”, opts);

thanks so much. We do see the same issuer here. Looking forward the new release!

Hi,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Please note, the ticket attached to this thread is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue with other priority tasks. Please allow us some time for thorough analysis, and to get back to you with updates in this regard.

I found the reason why Aspose calculate the different answer, because this version do not support array parameter well for TREND() function:

1. In my formula, it take cubic order sequence array as parameter:

=TREND($A$2:$A$8,($B$2:$B$8)^{1,2,3},B2^{1,2,3});

=TREND($A$2:$A$8,$B$2:$D$8,$B$2:$D$2)

the result should return 10.772

2. In Aspose calculation engine, it only calculate the one order sequence array:

=TREND(A2:A8,B2:B8,B2) this value is 16.535

I have attached sample in the file. It may help you to solve the issue.

Thanks and looking forward your reply!

Hi,

Thanks for your insight and using Aspose.Cells.

We have logged your valuable finding in our database against this issue. It will help the product team to investigate this issue further and fix it. Once, we have some good news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi Aspose Team,

Could you help me to check the status for this request? Since our product is heavily dependent on Aspose every day, could you accelerate the process for us?

Excel TREND() function not able to calculate using CalculateFormula()

CELLSJAVA-41388 - Excel TREND function not able to calculate using CalculateFormula

Regards
David

Hi David,

Please spare us couple of weeks before we could investigate and fix this issue. Hopefully your issue will be fixed in this time span. Once, we will have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi Faiz,

I think couple of weeks is too long for us. Our company has long relationship with ASPOSE (JP Morgan Chase) and we urgent need this to be release to our product. so could it possible to reduce the time span and accelerate the process?

Looking forward your reply!

Thanks!
David

Hi David,

I have logged your comment in our database against this issue for product team’s consideration. We will look into it and let you know if it is possible or not. Once, there is some news for you, we will update you asap.

Hi David,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Currently we do not support calculating TREND function for multiple
regression. We are investigating it now and maybe we can provide exact
ETA in next week.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.5.0.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41388) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.