Rotated text box is not rotated when saved to PDF

I have a word document (docx) in which we rotated a text box in order to get upside down text. Word will do top to bottom, bottom to top, but not upside down. A common work around is to put it in a text box and then rotate the text box. This is not the same as rotating the text in a text box, which also will not allow upside down.

I have attached a zip file with the docx file, the PDF created by Aspose, and the PDF created by word.

Test of creating PDF.docx

Test of creating PDF.pdf

Test of creating PDF_WORD.pdf

I used Aspose Words 15.4 to create the PDF.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 15.4.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-11898. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11898) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,
we have licence for version 15.4
Can we obtain the patch for this bug for version 15.4?
thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that we don’t provide support for older versions of Aspose.Words and we do not provide any fixes or patches for old versions of Aspose products either. We always encourage our customers to use the latest versions of Aspose.Words (to date it’s 17.2.0) as it contains newly introduced features, enhancements and fixes for issues reported earlier. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.12 update.