Converting Cells Chart into Words DrawingML

I'm trying to create charts in code using the Cells API, then put those charts into a Document using the Words API.

If I use Office to create a Word document, create another Excel document, copy a chart from Excel into Word, and save the Word document I can open it (and save it again) using the Words API. The elements for the chart appear to be DrawingML objects, and the chart information is preserved when I save the document.

I can create a chart using the Cells API (and save as an Excel document), but I can't figure out how to programatically put one of those charts into a Word document using the Words API (putting it in Words as an image isn't enough, the chart data must be preserved).

Is there a way to do this?

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words currently does not provide API classes to be able to create charts from scratch and update them with new values. Unfortunately, currently there is no way to copy chart from Excel to Word as a real chart. At the moment you can convert Excel chart to image using Aspose.Cells and then insert this image into Word document using Aspose.Words. In the future we will consider adding a public API that allows creating charts from scratch in Word documents (WORDSNET-4617). This should allow you to recreate chart from Excel in Word document. We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4617) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(19)