Known Performance issues

Hello,

I am planning to use ASPOSE for generating word document from templates . The template will have custom shapes (16 custom shapes arranged at specific positions on the page). Each shape will have text that will be filled with data from DB.The background color of the shapes can be controlled at runtime too. The position of the shapes is really important as it should look just the way my web UI looks.

Q: I wanted to make sure that there will be no performance issue if i use this approach and multiple users are trying to print simultaneously using the same template. Please confirm.

Also, I have to generate the same report , with same data format and text etc in PPT and excel too.
Q: Please confirm the performance issue for those two as well.
Q: Do I need to create the template for both excel and PPT , or is there a better approach , i.e. convert the word page to image and place it on PPT and excel?
Q: Will I need aspose excel and aspose PPT for this purpose?

Hi Rachana,

Thanks for your inquiry. It is quite difficult to answer such questions because CPU performance and memory usage all depend on complexity and size of the documents you are loading/generating.

In terms of memory, Aspose.Words does not have any limitations. If you’re loading huge Word documents into Aspose.Words’ DOM, more memory would be required. This is because during processing, the document needs to be held wholly in memory. Usually, Aspose.Words needs 10 times more memory than the original document size to build a DOM in the memory.
rachanadikshit@hotmail.com:
Q: I wanted to make sure that there will be no performance issue if i use this approach and multiple users are trying to print simultaneously using the same template. Please confirm.
Regarding performance and scalability, please read the detail from here:

Moreover, Aspose.Words component does support multi-threading. The only thing you need to make sure is that you always use separate Document instances per each thread. One thread should use one Document object.
Also, I have to generate the same report , with same data format and text etc in PPT and excel too.
My colleagues from Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Cells teams will reply you shortly about this query.
Q: Do I need to create the template for both excel and PPT , or is there a better approach , i.e. convert the word page to image and place it on PPT and excel?
It would be great if you please share some detail about your Word, PowerPoint and Excel reports.

Aspose.Words does not export the Word document to PPT or Excel document. However, you can export the Word document to image file format and insert that image into PPT and Excel documents. Following code example renders a page of a Word document into a PNG image at a specific resolution.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Courier New”;mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Document doc = new
Document(MyDir + “Rendering.doc”);<o:p></o:p>

ImageSaveOptions options = new ImageSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Png);

options.Resolution = 300;

options.PageCount = 1;

doc.Save(MyDir + "Rendering.SaveToImageResolution Out.png", options);

Q: Will I need aspose excel and aspose PPT for this purpose?
If you want to work with Xls/Xlsx and PPT/PPTX document, you need to use Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Slides.

Hi Rachana,

I would like to add from Aspose.Cells perspective regarding rendering/manipulating Excel file formats.

Hello,

Aspose.Cells is a spreadsheet management library used to create, manipulate, render, print MS Excel file formats and conversions (e.g XLS, XLSX, XLSM, CSV, ODS, and image formats etc.). Over the years, we have imprved the memory consumption to a great deal so hopefully you will not experience performance issue using our latest version(s) of the product. Please also note that a Workbook requires almost 10 times more memory than its size in order to be loaded into the memory by Aspose.Cells to properly perform all manipulation operations etc. Furthermore, Aspose.Cells (being created in manged .NET APIs) does support multithreading, but you need to consider a few things here. For example, the component can be used in mutlithreading environment, however you will have to create/use separate workbook/ template Excel file instance in separate threads. You cannot share any shared resources between threads least you may find unstable data or corrupt data. If you have any shared resources, then you will have to synchronize the access by yourself. So, please use different workbooks in different threads on a safer side .

Let us know if I can be of any further help.

Thank you.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I would reply you from Aspose.Slides perspective.

[quote user="rachanadikshit@hotmail.com"]

[/quote]

Aspose.Slides provide the features to add and format text, add and manipulate images and shapes in PPT/PPTX files. You can use these features to generate your PPT/PPTX report. As far as performance is concerned, it depends on your implementation and the contents of the generated file. If you can share further details or some sample with us, we may be able to assist you better in this regard.

[quote user="rachanadikshit@hotmail.com"]

[/quote]

Well, you can utilize both options using Aspose.Slides for creating PPT reports. If you convert the word pages to image and then add image to PPT/PPTX files, the content will not be editable in the PPT/PPTX file. However, doing so will give you same formatting and data which is present in the word document.

In case you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact support.

Thanks & Regards,