Unhandled Exception - rrRenderingError

I got an exception running 4.9.0 and trying to export to a PPT or PPTX. I am wondering if I need to downgrade or if I am doing something wrong.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ReportServerException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: Column or row index is out of range.]

[ReportServerException: An error occurred during rendering of the report.]

[ReportServerException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. (rrRenderingError)]
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.SoapReportExecutionService.ServerUrlRequest(AbortState abortState, String url, Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +1002
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.SoapReportExecutionService.Render(AbortState abortState, String reportPath, String executionId, String historyId, String format, XmlNodeList deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +1121
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +425
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerModeSession.RenderReport(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection additionalParams, Boolean cacheSecondaryStreamsForHtml, String& mimeType, String& fileExtension) +209
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ExportOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response) +219
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +221
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +586
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +177

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please share the RPL file for the report with us. Please follow these guidelines for sharing the RPL file with us. Please also share the generated PDF/Tiff with us as well for exported report. Please also share the SQL Server version and environment details as well.

Many Thanks,

I followed the instructions and attached the file.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the desired RPL files. An issue with ID SLIDESREP-33324 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The emails are going to our general IT mailbox. Is there a way to add my email address so that I get your response in a timely manner?

Hi,

I like to share that the email notifications are sent to account that is registered with us. For further help in this regard, I suggest you to please contact our sales team in Aspose.Purchase forum in this regard for possible modification of email address. If you have any technical inquiry related to Aspose.Slides, you are always welcome to share with me.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESREP-33324) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

We saw this exception again. We had not installed the latest Aspose slides. When we installed the latest, we just got a different error:

Server Error in '/Reports' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

Can we provide any additional information?

Hi,

I have tried to understand the issue incurring on your end and have not been able to completely understand that. Can you please share the details of the issue along with Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services version that you have tried to install on your end. I also suggest you to please try using manual installation on your end if the automatic installation is getting failed. But before installation please uninstall the old version of Aspose.Slides first.

Many Thanks,