Ppt to html navigation and customization

I need to convert ppt to ndependent html files(not a single file). with the support from aspose i achieved it. But now i would like to clarify my few more queries listed below.

1. Whether its possible to fetch the images?
2. I need to customize the page after convert to html format.
Since this page is encrypted i am not able to change anything in the page.
Is it possible to customize the page(images,audio or any other stuff embedded in the page)

3. How to set navigation in the page like a ppt delivered by Microsoft?

This message was posted using Live Chat 2 Forum
Hi Manju,

I have observed the requirements shared by you and will address them independently as under.

aamazes:
1. Whether its possible to fetch the images?

I like to share that the images are embedded inside generated HTML. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33976 as new feature request to implement the feature of exporting the images inside presentation separately rather than being embedded. This way you cab change the image and use new one by renaming that to actual image. As the image data is embedded as byte array in exported HTML, the One other option that you can use at the moment is to write your own parsing routine to extract the image data in the form of byte array from exported HTML file and generate image on the basis of that. Similarly, if you ought to change the image with new one, you can export that image to byte array and save that. Then replace the respective source image byte array data with new one. One other option is to change the image in the source presentation and export to HTML again.

aamazes:
2. I need to customize the page after convert to html format.
Since this page is encrypted i am not able to change anything in the page.
Is it possible to customize the page(images,audio or any other stuff embedded in the page)

First of all there is nothing encrypted in the exported HTML. The alpha numeric codes you may seen are for the byte array data for the added images. I also like to add that at the moment the support for audio and video in the exported HTML is unavailable. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33978 as new feature request to further investigate the possibility of implementing the requested feature. Once the requested feature will be implemented then you may find it possible to replace the image, audio or video data by renaming files only.

aamazes:
3. How to set navigation in the page like a ppt delivered by Microsoft?

Unfortunately, I have not been able to understand your this requirement. Can you please share more details along with example to explain the requirement.

Many Thanks,

I need to navigate the page using the previous and next button just like slide presentation. is it possible to do in aspose? else how the tracking is implemented ?

Hi Manju,

I have observed your requirement of navigation and like to share this does not lie in domain of Aspose.Slides as it generates the single file HTML for any presentation. I have already share the mechanism of generating the individual slide HTML with you and since it is an HTML, you can customize it your self for navigation the way you want to. I have also created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33981 as new feature request to see whether providing navigation support lies in Aspose.Slides domain or not. However, as per my initial investigation and feedback the customization of generated HTML depends on you and you can manage it on your end. I will also share the feedback shared by our development team once they will investigate the issue.

Many Thanks,

Please let me know how long it will take to add this features to the SDK?

Hi Manju,

Please use the sample project shared for your kind reference. It includes the solution for issue SLIDESNET-33976 that fulfills requirement of exporting the images separately in generated html instead of embedding them in single html file. This way you can mange to work with the images as shared by you. Your requirement related to navigation between slides and support for exporting audio and video data are relatively new and they have been added in our issue tracking system for resolution.

Our development team has assigned SLIDESNET-33978 to concerned developer and is pending for its selection for investigation. The issue SLIDESNET-33981 has not yet been assigned and scheduled for investigation. I like to share that firs of all the issues belonging to paid enterprise and priority customers are considered that are added in Aspose.Enterprise and Aspose.Priority forums. Then the issues in Aspose.Slides forum are considered for investigation and subsequently for resolution on first come first serve and complexity basis.

With one issue resolved and other in pipeline, I am hopeful our development team will select the issues for investigation and resolution on its turn. I will obliged to share the further information with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Hi,
Thanks for updating the status of the issues that I reported. I would like to inform that among the pending Two issues, we are badly needed the first one to fix soon. (SLIDESNET-33978). Please help us in this regard.Also thanks for providing a solution for the issue ( SLIDESNET-33976).

Hi Manju,

I like to share that we will try our level best to resolve the issues shared. But I also like to add that the issue SLIDESNET-33978 involves some complexity seemingly but we will try our best to share the feedback with you as soon as the feature will be available.

Many Thanks,

I tried the solution you provided and its works fine in mozilla and chrome.

But in IE , for the versions less than 9, its not rendered properly.An image has been attached for reference.
In IE9 getting the following error.
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unspecified error Error processing resource ‘http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd’.

Please help to figure out why this error occurred.

Hi Manju,

I have observed the image shared by you. Please share the sample presenation and application used on your end along with the generated output so that I may further investigate the issue on my end.

Many Thanks,

Hi,
You can use the same ppt and application that you shared previously. I made changes only to the program.cs page which has been attached with this mail.Please replace the file in the solution “HtmlOutputCallbackSample” and let me know. Please note i am getting the error mentioned below only to the versions IE9.

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unspecified error Error processing resource ‘http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd’.

In all the versions less than IE9 , the data is not rendered properly. I already shared a screen shot for reference.

Thanks,
Manju

Hi Manju.

I have investigated the issue further on my end by using the file shared by you. The only difference that I have observed that you used Presentation for HTML file name and in actual file it was Presentation.html. I have generated the HTML using your file and have opened the generated HTML without any issue in IE9. For your convenience, I have shared the generated HTML and also the image showing image being opened in IE9 along with its version info.

I have used the latest available version of IE9 on my end. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard as I am unable to reproduce the issue in my environment.

Many Thanks,

Did you copied the program.cs file i shared?
I am also using the same version of IE as yours.
Please find the attached image.

Hi Manju,

Attached please observe the image that display the sample code shared by you and generated out put. Your sample code is producing a file without extension. I am not sure why you are trying so in your sample code. The output is only generating a file name Presentation. I have renamed it to Presentation.html, otherwise, it was getting opened as html code in IE9. I think there may be some security related setting in your browser that is to be observed.

Many Thanks,

I missed to share another file which also modified for saving each slides to html pages.
Kindly add this to your solution and let me know.
I don’t think there is any issue related to file extension missing, since the output files what i got have extension. Please check with the cs file i attached with this mail.

string htmlFileName1 = htmlFileName + slide.SlideId.ToString() +".html";

The same file is working fine if I am accessing using a physical path.
Otherwise, if copied to any other workstation and accessing through a url like the image 2, attached with this mail, the error already mentioned will occur.

Do we need to add any other settings to make it work?

Hi Manju,

I have re-worked over the scenario shared by you using the new modified class file from you. I have shared the complete working project with you with your replaced file so that we are on the same page while discussing the issue. I have not been able to reproduce the issue on my end once again. I have even copied the generated html files to separate location and have still not been able to reproduce the issue specified. I have even copied the generated HTML files to different environment and have not been able to reproduce the issue even in IE6 as well. For your convenience, I have shared the images depicting different scenarios for your reference. I don’t feel it is some issue related to Aspose.Slides and I humbly suggest you to please try the same on some other OS instance as we have failed to reproduce the issue on our end.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Instead of mapping can you please create a site which pointing to the files generated?
Just refer the image attached in the previous reply for reference.

Any updates?

Hi Manju,

I am sorry that I have not been able to understand the test environment shared by you. Can you please share the complete environment details that I may try to set on my end to help you further. Can you please also elaborate the following requirements as well.

Instead of mapping can you please create a site which pointing to the files generated?
Just refer the image attached in the previous reply for reference.

Many Thanks,

Create Virtual Directories in IIS 5.1

1. Click Start, point to Programs, click to select Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Services Manager.
  2. Expand the server name.
  3. In the left pane, right-click Default Web Site, point to New, and then click Virtual Directory.
  4. In the first screen of the Virtual Directory Creation Wizard, type an alias(here you can give aspose for eg:), or name, for the virtual directory , and then click Next.
  5. In the second screen, click Browse. Locate the content folder that you created to hold the content. Click Next.
  6. In the third screen, select Read and Run scripts. Make sure that the other check boxes are cleared. Click Finish to complete the wizard.

or in case your IIS version is different refer the below link to know how to create virtual directory.
https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/5adfcce1-030d-45b8-997c-bdbfa08ea459.mspx?mfr=true
if you browse it by right click on the alias name you can duplicate the issue i had reported.
If you have any doubts please let me know.