Issue with licence for Aspose.PDF for SharePoint 2010

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for sharing the license file and sorry for the delayed response.

We are testing this scenario using the license file which you have shared and will get back to you soon. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Pavel,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for being patient.

During my testing of your license file, I am getting a Syntax error when I execute the “stsadm.exe -o deploysolution -name Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.License.wsp -immediate –force” command during license installation. I have registered an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFSHP-33188 for our development team to further investigate the issue. Please confirm if you are facing such an issue while setting up the license or you are able to setup the license successfully.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Nausherwan,

I did not get any erros during wsp file deployment. The sales guy (Haley Stuart) sent me zip file with wsp and readme.txt file and also .lic file separately. In readme file it is said that licence is contained within wsp solution file and that needs to be deployed.

I have not seen errors in several installation I did however it always gives me 'Licence required' message after I enabled features and I tried to use the product.

Regards

Pavel

Hi Pavel,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the feedback.

I have shared the information with concerned developer for further investigation of your issue. As soon as I get a feedback, I will update you via this forum thread.

Thank you for being patient.

Please place your license file (.lic) @ “{installation path}\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.License\” and let us know if it works fine for you.

Hi Nausherwan,

The problem is that the folder Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.License is not there. Under \FEATURES there are the following Aspose folders:

Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint
Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint2010_PdfConverter
Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint2010_PdfTemplateEngine
Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint2010_PdfViewer
Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint2010_PdfWatermark
Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint2010_SaveWikiAsPdf

Licence (.lic) file is already in Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint folder.

Regards,
Pavel

Thank you for the details.

Please create the required folder manually to place the license file in it i.e. (“{installation path}\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.License\) and let us know in case you still face the issue.

Hi,

This did not help either. Tested in both development and production environments. In production reinstalled the licence - the same outcome. What is next?

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

Could you please make sure that:

1) Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.lic has ‘Full’ access rights for ‘Everyone’?
2) Perform ‘iisreset’ after license file was placed in the required folder?

If the problem still persists after rechecking above two, please provide:

1) Latest log files from [Installation Drive]:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS<br>2) Full path to Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.lic

Many Thanks

Hi,

Tried both steps, no luck. I checked the log file on the web front end server and this is what it says:

11/16/2012 14:30:39.76 w3wp.exe (0x0948) 0x1DD0 Unknown Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint 0000 Monitorable Can't set license C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\Template\Features\Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.License\Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.lic Type:System.InvalidOperationException Message:The license is not valid for this product. Stack: at #Zzl.#w.#Gt(Stream stream) at #Zzl.#w.#Gt(String licenseName, Assembly clientAssembly) at #Zzl.#Trb.#tJd(String licenseName) at #lch.#Urb.#uJd(String licenseFileName) 6f68827a-c6ac-4f02-a5b0-1690e6c5a0d5

I will email you lic file for verification.

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for sharing the license with me.

Our developers found an issue in the provided license and recreated the new license for you. I have emailed you the new license solution along with detailed instructions. Please install the new license following the guidelines provided in the email and let us know your feedback.

Many Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I followed your instructions:

1. Uninstalled Aspose.PDF

2. Re installed Aspose.PDF

3. Installed Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.License.wsp you sent me

This did not make any difference. Moreover, I checked Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.lic from \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint folder and compare it against the old lic file.

The only difference was the line below:

Aspose.PDF for SharePoint

In the old file it was:

Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint

The rest of the file is identical. Can you confirm the licence file was recreated correctly. Could Aspose developers advise me on what exactly was wrong with the old licence.

This issue is becoming really annoying and I cannot believe such a simple task can be made that complex and time consuming. Every time I redeploy a licence I had to do it after hours as it impacts live system when timer service is restarted.

I can offer your development team direct access to our dev environment so that they can install the software or identify the issue.

Let me know what else can be done to resolve the problem.

Pavel

Also from the latest log file:

Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint 0000 Monitorable License not found. Type:System.IO.FileNotFoundException Message:aspose_license_file Stack: c3d4e776-5710-4626-abb1-fbb3faa99c46

Hi Pavel,

I apologize for the inconvenience you are facing.

We are trying our best to solve the issues being faced on your end. Indeed, there are some issues in our Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint product due to which some manual operations are required at your end. We are going to fix such issues in the next release which will be published in December '2012 and hopefully, you will not face such issues in the future anymore.

Could you please follow the step mentioned in this previous post? That is:

1. Create a folder “Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.License” manually as “<span style=“font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt;”>{installation
    path}\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server
    Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.License</span>”
  2. Copy the license from <span style=“font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt;”>“{installation
    Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint” to the folder “<span style=“font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt;”>{installation
    Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint.License</span>”.

The above manual step is required because the current Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint product looks for the license file only in the folder mentioned in point 1 above. This will be fixed in the next release.

ARTC:

The only difference was the line below:

Aspose.PDF for SharePoint

In the old file it was:

Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint

Yes, that is the only change in the new license file, because of one of the license validation checks implemented currently. This will also be improved in the upcoming releases.

Once again, sincere apologies from Aspose teams on the licensing issues you have faced.

Many Thanks

Hi,

I tested manual fix and got the same results. I sent the error log file. Below is the message from it that looks like wher the issue is:

Failed to open the file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\Template\Features\Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint2010_PdfTemplateEngine\Resources\Resources.en-US.resx'<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I checked both WFE and application servers and /Resources folder is not there.

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for providing the error log.

Our developers are looking into it and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Hi Pavel,

After deeper investigation of the logs, our developers think that the problem could be due to a localized SharePoint version or localized server operating system. Could you please share the localization settings - that is: UI language of Operating System and SharePoint?

Many thanks

Hello,

I ran Get-Culture and Get-UICulture commands. All 3 environments are show consistent results as shown below:

Get-Culture<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

LCID Name DisplayName

3081 en-AU English (Australia)

Get-UICulture

LCID Name DisplayName

1033 en-US English (United States)

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for sharing the details. We are look into this matter and will get back to you soon.

Thank you for the patience.

Please activate and try PDF Viewer from your Share Point. This feature will allow you to view PDF documents inside SharePoint (each PDF page as JPG image). If PDF core library has license problem then each page will contains red evaluation message.

If you don’t see the evaluation warning that will mean that SharePoint form is showing wrong notification and we will look into it further and resolve the issue.

You may check the following documentation link regarding details on how to activate Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint feature in your installation.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfsharepoint/Activation+and+Deactivation+after+installation

Please do let us know if you still face the issue.