Exception when saving excel spreadsheet as PDF

I’m getting some weird behavior when trying to save an excel spreadsheet as a PDF when the spreadsheet has a non-standard font. After looking through the forums, it seems that Aspose.Cells doesn’t support OTF fonts. Obviously it would be great if it were supported, but more importantly, since those types of fonts aren’t supported, it would be better for the save process to use a replacement font for the OTF font (in my test case, Minion Pro), instead of throwing an exception. I ran several tests, and it looks like no exception occurs and font replacement takes place if the machine doesn’t have the font installed. However, if the font IS installed, then the exception occurs. An example project is attached to reproduce this. I’ve also included the fonts I’m working with as well. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide.

Thanks!

Matt

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have logged this issue for investigation in our database with the ticket id: CELLSNET-41130

We will look into your issue and once this issue is resolved or we have some advice for you, we will let you know asap.