STAMP annotation is not supported using ExportAnnotationsXfdf while it was in Aspose.PDF.Kit

Dear Aspose,

I was using Aspose.PDF.Kit for .NET and was working with PDF annotation using ExportAnnotationsXfdf and ImportAnnotationFromXfdf methods in PdfAnnotationEditor class. Since Aspose.PDF.Kit had several crucial bugs in my project and Aspose does not support it anymore, and merge it in Aspose.PDF. So now I’m using Aspose.PDF version 7.0.

Unfortunately the current Aspose.PDF does not support the STAMP type of annotations (while the old Aspose.PDF.Kit does) while the users of my project are using STAMP a lot.
Here I’ve made a code sample for your review

License vLicense = new License();
vLicense.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”);

Enum[] annoType = {
AnnotationType.Highlight,
AnnotationType.Underline,
AnnotationType.Caret,
AnnotationType.Circle,
AnnotationType.FileAttachment,
AnnotationType.FreeText,
AnnotationType.Ink,
AnnotationType.Line,
AnnotationType.Link,
AnnotationType.Movie,
AnnotationType.Polygon,
AnnotationType.PolyLine,
AnnotationType.PrinterMark,
AnnotationType.Screen,
AnnotationType.Sound,
AnnotationType.Square,
AnnotationType.Squiggly,
AnnotationType.Stamp,
AnnotationType.StrikeOut,
AnnotationType.Text,
AnnotationType.TrapNet,
AnnotationType.Watermark,
AnnotationType.Widget
};

FileStream fs1 = new FileStream(Server.MapPath(“TempFolder/AnnotFile1.xfdf”), FileMode.OpenOrCreate);

PdfAnnotationEditor AnnEdit = new PdfAnnotationEditor();
AnnEdit.BindPdf(Server.MapPath(“TempFolder/SourceWithStamp.pdf”));
AnnEdit.ExportAnnotationsXfdf(fs1, 1, 1, annoType);

fs1.Close();

AnnEdit = new PdfAnnotationEditor();
AnnEdit.BindPdf(Server.MapPath(“TempFolder/Source.pdf”));
AnnEdit.ImportAnnotationFromXfdf(Server.MapPath(“TempFolder/AnnotFile1.xfdf”), annoType);

AnnEdit.Save(Server.MapPath(“TempFolder/SourceWithStamp2.pdf”));

And I’m attaching the Source.pdf and SourceWithStamp.pdf for your further handling.
After running the above codes, you can also see the result in AnnotFile1.xfdf in xml format that one of the result will be like this:

Not implemented.

Please help me by implementing the stamp in the next hotfix or revision. I need it badly.

Thank you and regards,
erwin

Hi Erwin,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template files and sample code.

I am able to reproduce your issue using your template files and sample code. I have registered the issue in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33774 as a high priority issue. Our development team will further look into this issue and see how soon this feature can be incorporated in the new version. We will notify you regarding any updates against your reported issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Nausherwan,

Thank you for your quick reply, and I hope this feature can be added very soon :).

Actually there is another type of annotation that cannot be produced by the ImportAnnotationFromXfdf() method, it’s SOUND. Aspose.PDF can produce the annotation in xml format using the export, but when importing it, it’s just not there. Maybe you can try that at your side?
Well it’s not essential for my project to have this SOUND type of annotation, but it would be nice if you implement this as well.

Cheers,
Erwin

Hi Erwin,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Just to update you, the feature regarding AnnotationType.Stamp is scheduled to be supported in our next official release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.1. We will update you via this forum thread once the feature is supported.

We will further check regarding AnnotationType.Sound and get back to you soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Nausherwan,

Do you have any plan date for the 7.1 release?
I need to inform the estimated date to solve the problem to my user.
Or if you can provide me a hotfix just for this feature, I’d appreciate much.

Thanks and cheers,
Erwin

Hi Erwin,

We are planning to release Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.1.0 in second half of current month JUNE-2012. However if we are able to implement this feature earlier to the release date of v7.1.0, we may consider including it in HotFix for Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.0.1.

So I would request you to please be patient and spare us little time. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33774) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.