Google App Engine - Java Aspose Words

Does Aspose Words work inside the Google App Engine sandbox? If so, are there any concrete examples?

Hi

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words for Java. With Google App Engine’s Java runtime environment, you can build your app using standard Java technologies, including the JVM, Java servlets, and the Java programming language. So there should not be any issues with using Aspose.Words for Java with Google App Engine. Please see Aspose.Words for Java system requirements:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/system-requirements/
Please let me know if you need more information, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards.

Thank you for your reply. When deploying to Google App Engine I run into this error:

java.lang.SecurityException: SHA1 digest error
for com / aspose / words / DocumentBase.class

Any ideas?

We have not tested on Google App Engine yet. Just going to do so in the next few days.

Hi

When you use Google App Engine Sandbox, you cannot write to disk for example:
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/the-appengine-environments?csw=1
So please make sure you do not write to disk. Maybe in your code you try saving document to disk using Document.Save method.
We will let you know once we tested Aspose.Words for Java with Google App Engine.
Best regards.

Thanks for the replies.

FYI - the Servlet works locally and I can output the .doc to the browser based on the Aspose.Words.Demos.Web example. I am attaching the error log for when the Servlet runs in the App Engine production sandbox and errors out.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. This will help us a lot.
Best regards.

Unfortunately, Aspose.Words cannot work with Google AppEngine at the moment at all because it uses the java.awt.Color class that is restricted (cannot be used). Aspose.Words also sometimes uses the Java image classes when converting images - these classes are also restricted in Google AppEngine.
The Google AppEngine compatible Aspose.Words for Java will be avialable later in 2010.

Hi, Roman.
I am considering using Java Aspose.Word in order to generate reports server-side. I am hosting my
application on GAE, hence the question) Are there any changes since last year? Is Aspose now supported on GAE?
Thank you very much in advance!
Peter.

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, there is no version of Aspose.Words for Java that can be used in Google App Engine. We are still investigating this. We will keep you informed regarding status of this issue and let you know once it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,
thank you very much for a quick response!Surely, it’s sad it is not supported on GAE…hope it change soon))
Once again, thank you very much!!!
Best regards, Peter.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-72) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-16) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(13)