Repeat dynamic formula across columns

I am facing the below issue while working with ASPOSE. I am new to aspose and would appreciate some help on this. We need to display quarterly data across columns in excel. The number of quarters and investments is dynamic based on user prompt selection. For these quarters, we need to show a summation at the bottom. This summation should repeat across for all the quarters that show up on the report. I could get it to work if the quarters are displayed vertically but it doesn't work for quarters displayed horizontally. I tried the keyword horizontal but no luck.

E.g.

Investment Name Q1 2009 Q2 2009 ..

abc 123 456 ..

xyz 123 456 ..

Total 246 912 ...

Thanks

Hi,

Could you post your RDL file here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

I am not sure what a RDL file is. We have aspose with .net and have report templates in excel. Attaching the excel template with markers. We are using two stored procs to populate this template. The first stored proc creates the horizontal markers for period data, the next stored proc populates this data. Please let me know if need more details.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Well, we are not sure whether you are using Aspose.Cells for .NET or Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services. Please let us know the product and the version you are using. Also, I have attached the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET to check whether it works fine for you (if you are using Aspose.Cells for .NET). Also, following is the documentation link for your reference regarding smart markers:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/smart-markers.html

Thank You & Best Regards,

We are using Aspose.Cells for .Net and the version is 2.2. I checked the documentation but the repeat tags &=&= do not work horizontally. Also, how do I check the attachments, I could not see any. Please advice.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us further details.

Aspose.Cells for .NET does not support to embed ‘horizontal’ parameter in the dynamic formulas in Smart Marker feature. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

For "Also, how do I check the attachments, I could not see any."
Please make sure that you have logged in with your valid user credentials, open the thread (<a title="blocked::) and then you can see the attachment in the Nausherwan’s post.

Thank you.

Hi, any updates/workarounds for getting the horizontal formuals working?

Hi,

We will update you soon.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi,

Hopefully, we will implement your desired feature within two weeks time.

Thanks for your understanding and keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version/fix v4.8.0.11.

We have supported to repeat dynamic formulas horizontally.

Dynamic Formulas allow following additional horizontal options:
{c} - Current column number

{2}, {-1} - Offset to current column number

And if you want to add option after dynamic formulas , please use “~” symbol as a separator.
Example : &=&=IF(true,{C}3*{-1}3)~(horizontal)

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11096) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Amjad,

The above solution worked and I got the desired output. I had another query regarding horizontal formulas. I have some conditional formatting done in excel template (i.e cell color RED if value is non zero). How can I get this conditionl formatting to work across the horizontl formuals? I am using the conditional formatting option of excel.

Thanks

Hi,

Could you create a simple template file with your desired conditional formatting with markers, the generated file with your expected results in MS Excel, we will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Please find attached. Refer cell I5.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template file.

We understand your requirement now. You need if a maker cell (along with horizontal attribute) is applied conditional formatting, the conditional formatting should be applied to the resultant marker row values accordingly. Currently this process is only supported in vertical (default) smart markers. We will check your feature request if we can support it in the horizontal markers.

Your feature request has been added to our internal issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-13274.

We will let you know if there is any update about it.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version, we have fixed your mentioned issue.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13274) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.