File Error. Some number formats may have been lost

Hi,

We had some code using Aspose.Excel and Some code using Aspose.Cells. Now, we are replacing the aspose.excel reference with aspose.cells and we are getting the following error message

File Error. Some number formats may have been lost.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kalyan

Hi Kalyan,

Which version do you use? Please try this fix.

If you still has the problem, please create a simple project and post it here. We will check it soon.

We are using version 4.5.0.0 and i replaced it with the version you gave me and it isnt working.

I dont have a sample project, cause the excel contains....customer data and i cant post the project.

is there any other way to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Kalyan

Hi,

Well, I'm afraid you do need to create a sample app and post us to re-produce the issue you have mentioned. We always care about customer's data, you need not to worry about it. I think you may also try to eliminate the confidential data and replace it with dummy if you have any doubt what so ever. I think you can create a sample project and mail us using the approach mentioned in http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx .

Thank you.

Hi Kalyan,

We have checked your file. We find we will get the error when we open the template file. Could you create a simple project to show How do you create the template file? We will check it soon.

Thanks for your reply. I cannot share the custom code that creates the template. But I guess the following is the problem

for number formating we use custom format like

{0:N0} {0:0} {0:0.0} what is the appropriate format to achieve this is Aspose.Cells?

Hi,

MS Excel do not support these format. We changed this number format, MS Excel do not throw this error again.Please check the MS Excel help for more info about custom format.

Do you want to format the number as the time format? If yes, please use h:mm or mm.ss.0