Highlighting text in DOCX documents

Hello,
I am testing on DOCX files a program I wrote for DOC files. Everything seems to be working fine, except for a command which applies highlighting, which does not work on DOCX files.
This is very strange. Here is the commands I use :

oBuilderC.Font.HighlightColor = Color.Yellow
oBuilderC.Write("some new string")

When I open the file, “some new string” is there, but not highlighted.
However, if I use Font.Color instead, “some new string” is there and with the right colour.

oBuilderC.Font.Color = Color.DarkRed

Are you aware of this? Could this be a bug?
Best regards,
Claude Bédard

Hi
Thanks for your reporting this to us. I managed to reproduce this problem. I have created new issue #4635 in our defect database. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 2-3 weeks). We might just fix it by then or provide more information.
Best regards.

Hi,
I have downloaded the latest fixes (5.1.0.0) and I find that the problem has not been fixed yet.
This is becoming urgent for us, because our application relies heavily on highlighting text in DOC and DOCX files.
Can you follow up on this ASAP? It would be greatly appreciated.
Claude Bédard

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately this issue is still unresolved yet. As a workaround you can use DOC format only. Highlighting text works fine in DOC format.
Best regards.

Hi,
Thank you for your quick reply.
Our problem is that we actually receive DOCX files from our clients. We don’t choose the format ourselves.
We will try some form of workaround in the meantime, maybe saving DOCX to DOC, working on DOC, then resaving as DOCX, hoping we don’t lose file information.
We do hope you give this issue a certain degree of priority. What kind of target time could we expect?
Claude Bédard

Hello,
I have posted an urgent message, maybe two days ago, and no reply yet.
It’s about highlighting in DOCX files. This feature is very important to us.
Please reply ASAP.
Claude Bédard

I will send notice to the developers to follow up immediately. I am sorry it was overlooked. You should get an answer shortly.
https://forum.aspose.com/t/111082

Hi
Sorry for delay. Unfortunately I can’t provide you exact date when this feature will be resolved. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 2-3 weeks). We will try to resolve this issue. Thanks for your patience.
Best regards.

Hi
Thanks for your request. I answered your request in the following thread:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/highlighting-text-in-docx-documents/111082

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4635) have been fixed in this update.

Hi Alexey,
Thank you so much! I have downloaded and tested. It works.
We do appreciate your efforts.
Claude