Excel 2007 document can't be opened by Aspose

Hello,

While trying to open the attached document with Aspose.Cells I get the following exception:

"Aspose.Cells.CellsException: Invalid FontUnderlineType string va"

Is it possible to avoid this problem or if it is a bug could we expect it will be fixed in the next release?

BR

Olexandr

Hi Olexandr,

We will check and fix this issue soon.

Hello Laurence,

When could I expect the next release or hotfix for Aspose.Cells?

This bug is urgent for the next release of our software.

BR,

Olexandr

Hi,

We will figure out your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version. Since your file contains some kind of conditional formatting and some color with tint that we do not supported yet, these data will lost if you open the file and save it.

Thank you,

Just to follow up on this thread.

I had the same problem. I used this DLL but I notice the table styles don’t save properly.

I opened a version of my Excel 2007 workbook in Aspose and then put in a value or two and called save.

It gives a Repair Error when I load it up.

I didn’t even get a chance to see how the charts and pivot tables looked because Table styles didn’t even work.

Can you comment on this? It says on your website that this component is Excel 2007 is compatible, yet I see comments here and there that it doesn’t work with this feature or that feature.

Can you let us know what doesn’t work when using documents created in Excel 2007 so we don’t find out halfway through development that X feature doesn’t work.

Hi,

Please try the fix Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

I tested with your template file, it won't produce any repair error.

There are a few features that are yet to be supported for Excel 2007 format. e.g., some style shading colors, conditional formattings, manipulation of charts and pivot tables. We are working on these features and they will be availble in our upcomming versions soon.

Thank you.

That thread is locked or forum doesn’t exist.

I found another open thread with the DLL version. Will post results.

Hi,

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Actually the thread was private which can only be visible for Aspose Staff and the the founder (starter) of the thread and we did not notice it, so you could not open it.

Any how, I attach the latest fix (4.4.1.9) here for you, kindly try it.

Thank you.

Hello,

I get the following exception trying 4.1.1.9 with the document attached to the first post:

"System.ArgumentException: Value of '-2147483648' is not valid for 'alpha'. 'alpha' should be greater than or equal to 0 and less than or equal to 255"

BR,

Olexandr

Hi Olexandr,

Please try the attached version (4.4.1.10). I tested your template file with the following code and it works fine:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

workbook.Open("d:\\test\\ASposeCantOpenIt.xlsx",FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsx);

workbook.Worksheets["Sheet1"].Cells["A2"].PutValue("Testing...");

workbook.Save("d:\\test\\out_book.xlsx",FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsx);

Note: It is to be noted that some feautures including drawing objects, formattings might be lost for.xlsx files when opening and saving with Aspose.Cells. We are working on these features and support them soon.

Thank you.

Hello,

I can open the document with 4.1.1.10, but now I have another problem. I changed this document a bit with Aspose (asiign some custom properties) and as a result I got the document in attachment.

After that I want to recalculate formulas with the following code:

Workbook.Open(_FileName, Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsx)

Workbook.CalculateFormula()

Workbook.Save(_FileName, Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsx)

But it fails on .CalculateFormula with the following exception

"Aspose.Cells.CellsException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error in calculating cell J21 in Worksheet Personal Monthly Budget"

Hi,

Thanks for reporting,

We found the issue and we will fix it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

The CalulateFormula exception issue is replied in the following post, please check it.

http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/118335/customdocumentproperties-for-excel2007/showthread.aspx#118335

Thank you