Some issues with saving as PDF

Hi,

We have been using aspose.cells for a few months now, and have run into an issue saving some reports as PDF files.

These are :-

1. Text is being clipped in some cases where it shouldn’t be
2. Text size is different in the saved PDF file than it is in the source excel file
3. Charts and other shapes are rendered to very low resolution images when saving (72 dpi) which doesn’t seem to be able to be changed.
4. Transparent textboxes (a shape, so see issue 3) have a black “fringe” around all text in them.

Is there any way of changing the DPI that shapes are rendered to when saving as PDF?

We tried using the sheet renderer to output sheets as images, and build a PDF using those, but while it outputs normal cells at high resolution, all other shapes/charts are output at a relative 72dpi (so if we for example render to a 1200dpi image, the charts/shapes are rendered very blocky as they are output at 72dpi relative, and then scaled!), as well as still encountering the other issues noted above.

I have attached a test case project (visual studio 2010 project) which includes a source excel document.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project with template Excel file.

I can notice the issues converting your template file to PDF as you have mentioned with v7.4.0.4 (latest fix).

Sample code:

var book = new Workbook(@“E:\test2\Issue with saving as PDF\Testcase\source.xlsx”);
var opt = new PdfSaveOptions() { OnePagePerSheet = true, ImageType = ImageFormat.Png };

book.Save(@“E:\test2\Issue with saving as PDF\Testcase\pdf.pdf”, opt);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41425” for your issue. We will look into your issue(s) soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Is there any news on this issue?

/James.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comments against this issue.

Once, we will have some update for you, we will share it with you asap.

Hi,

Please try the attached fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.1.2, we have fixed your issue now.

And, please
also remove {ImageType = ImageFormat.Png } in the following code:

var book = new Workbook(@“E:\test2\Issue with saving as
PDF\Testcase\source.xlsx”);

var opt =
new PdfSaveOptions() { OnePagePerSheet = true, ImageType = ImageFormat.Png };

book.Save(@“E:\test2\Issue with saving as PDF\Testcase\pdf.pdf”,
opt);

Thank you.

Hi Amjad!

Thank you so much.

It worked fine.

We will resume our integral testing and we will come back to you if some new issue comes up. I hope not.

Best regards,

Aurelio.

Hi,

Sure, if you still find any issue, kindly give us further details with sample files, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

This patch produces good output for most objects now, however there is still an issue with grouped objects that contain a transparent png, and some text formatting issues.

Please see attached images and test case.

Text is being truncated/wrapped, and the image is being re-sampled and dithered.

/James.
Hi,

Thanks for your sample project with template file.

After an initial test, I can notice the issue by using your template file to convert to PDF as some text/data is truncated or wrapped which looks incorrect.

I have logged a separate ticket with an id "CELLSNET-41493" for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed the issue CELLSNET-41493.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.5.2.2
and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41493) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan