Support for Mandarin characters

In our testing we have noticed that the Mandarin character 姵 does not appear to be supported by version 7.6. At runtime we see a box instead of this character, no matter which font is in use. Previously we were able to use Arial Unicode MS to generate missing characters like this one, but now we’ve noticed that where that font is in use, our data doesn’t actually appear at runtime.

Has anyone else run into this?

Let me know if further information will be helpful.

Thanks kindly

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check following documentation link for embedding fonts while generating Pdf document. Hopefully it will serve the purpose.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.6.0 and I am unable to notice any issue. I have used the following code snippet to test the scenario. Can you please try using the latest release version and in case the problem still persists, please share the code snippet that you are using so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

[C#]

//Create pdf document<o:p></o:p>

Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf pdf1 = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf();

//Add a section into the pdf document

Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Section sec1 = pdf1.Sections.Add();

// create text object with Maradian characters

Text text1 = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Text("Hello World 筆記本在這邊。");

//set font for text object

text1.TextInfo.FontName = "Arial Unicode MS";

//Add a text paragraph into the section

sec1.Paragraphs.Add(text1);

pdf1.SetUnicode();

//Save the document

pdf1.Save("c:/pdftest/Mandarian_Characters_HelloWorld.pdf");

Hi codewarior,

Thanks kindly for your response - can you please try the specific character 姵? We are having an issue with that specific character, regardless of the font used.
Best Regards,
Elizabeth

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:
“PMingLiU”,“serif”;mso-bidi-font-family:PMingLiU”><o:p></o:p>

eplumley:
Hi codewarior,
Thanks kindly for your response - can you please try the specific character 姵? We are having an issue with that specific character, regardless of the font used.
Hi Elizabeth,

I have again tested the scenario using upcoming release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.7.0 and as per my observations, the character is properly appearing in resultant PDF file. See attached PDF file.

In case the problem still persists, please feel free to contact.

PS, We plan to release the new version in current week.

Thanks kindly. Did you check against 7.6 as well?

Hi Elizabeth,

I have again tested the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.6.0 and as per my observations, the text is properly appearing. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF generated with v7.6.0.

Hello again;

Thanks kindly for testing again and with the older version. Here is a sample of the code we’re using and an input and output PDF.

Private Sub asposePDF()
Dim l_objPdfForm As Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form
Dim l_objLicense As New Aspose.Pdf.License

l_objLicense.SetLicense(m_strLoc + “bin\Aspose.Pdf.lic”)

'l_objPdfForm = New Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form(m_strName, m_strName.Replace(".pdf", “_asposePDF.pdf”))
l_objPdfForm = New Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form(m_strName)

If txtMapTo.Text = String.Empty Then
For Each thisField As Object In mappedFields.AcroFields.Fields.Keys
If txtContent.Text = String.Empty Then
l_objPdfForm.FillField(thisField, thisField)
Else
l_objPdfForm.FillField(thisField, txtContent.Text)
End If
Next
Else
l_objPdfForm.FillField(txtMapTo.Text, txtContent.Text)
End If

l_objPdfForm.FlattenAllFields()

'l_objPdfForm.Save()
l_objPdfForm.Save(m_strName.Replace(".pdf", “_asposePDF.pdf”))
End Sub

Hi there,

Please accept our apology for delayed response. I have tested the scenario again with your source document but unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce the issue. Could you please provide a sample project here for reproducing the issue? So we test it at our side and provide you more information accordingly.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

Confirmed this is corrected in version 7.7.

Hi Elizabeth,

I am glad to hear that your problem related to Mandarin characters is resolved. Please continue using our products and in case you encounter similar issues or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.