Aspose cell: ToTiff function Issues

Hi Team,

I am using below code to generate tiff image from Excel file.
I am leveraging Page Break and Page titles in excel.

Workbook excelDocument = new Workbook(excelStream);
LicenseManagement.SetAsposeCellLicense();
Worksheet sheet = excelDocument.Worksheets[excelDocument.Worksheets.ActiveSheetIndex];
Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions imageAndPrintOptions = new Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions();

imageAndPrintOptions.TiffCompression = Aspose.Cells.Rendering.TiffCompression.CompressionLZW;
imageAndPrintOptions.IsCellAutoFit = true;
imageAndPrintOptions.ImageFormat = System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Tiff;
imageAndPrintOptions.PrintingPage = Aspose.Cells.PrintingPageType.Default;
Aspose.Cells.Rendering.SheetRender sr = new Aspose.Cells.Rendering.SheetRender(sheet, imageAndPrintOptions);
MemoryStream fs = new MemoryStream();
sr.ToTiff(fs);// You can save to file system here

Below issues are found in Tiff image generation.
1. Mismatch in number of columns in generated page. It should be exactly as Print Preview of excel.
2. Cell with orientation not reflected in output.
3 Lost of data: When we set Print title : Columns to Repeat in source excel. Last column data is lost.
4. Extra column is displayed if we set columns to repeat in source excel.

You can use above code with attached excel documents to reproduce the issues.
Feel free to ask any details.

Thanks and Regards,
Nakul
NakulKapadia:
Hi Team,

1. Mismatch in number of columns in generated page. It should be exactly as Print Preview of excel.

Thanks and Regards,
Nakul
Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have looked into your this issue with the following code and we were not able to replicate this issue using the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.3.3

Please check the attached output tiff file with this post.

C#
string filePath = @"F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\01-MismatchInPageCompare+to+Excel+print+preview.xlsx";

Workbook excelDocument = new Workbook(filePath);

Worksheet sheet = excelDocument.Worksheets[excelDocument.Worksheets.ActiveSheetIndex];
Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions imageAndPrintOptions = new Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions();

imageAndPrintOptions.TiffCompression = Aspose.Cells.Rendering.TiffCompression.CompressionLZW;
imageAndPrintOptions.IsCellAutoFit = true;
imageAndPrintOptions.ImageFormat = System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Tiff;
imageAndPrintOptions.PrintingPage = Aspose.Cells.PrintingPageType.Default;
Aspose.Cells.Rendering.SheetRender sr = new Aspose.Cells.Rendering.SheetRender(sheet, imageAndPrintOptions);

sr.ToTiff(filePath + ".out.tiff");

NakulKapadia:
Hi Team,

2. Cell with orientation not reflected in output.

Thanks and Regards,
Nakul

We were able to replicate this issue using the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.3.3

Please check the attached output file generated using the above code. I have also attached the screenshot highlighting this issue for your reference.

We have logged this issue in our database. Once the issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41190.

Screenshot:

NakulKapadia:
Hi Team,

3 Lost of data: When we set Print title : Columns to Repeat in source excel. Last column data is lost.

Thanks and Regards,
Nakul

It seems, no data is lost. I have attached the output tiff image for your reference. Please highlight your issues with red circles with some screenshots in detail.

Please also provide us full code related to this issue. We will look into it and fix it.

NakulKapadia:
Hi Team,

Below issues are found in Tiff image generation.4. Extra column is displayed if we set columns to repeat in source excel.

Thanks and Regards,
Nakul

Please provide us more detail about this issue. I have attached the output tiff image for your reference. Please highlight your issues with red circles with some screenshots in detail.

Please also provide us full code related to this issue. We will look into it and fix it.

Hi ,

Look into output of page 3 and 4 for isuee #3 and #4.

Meanwhile i will try to create some images with marking issue areas.

Thanks and Regards,
Nakul
NakulKapadia:
Hi ,

Look into output of page 3 and 4 for isuee #3 and #4.

Meanwhile i will try to create some images with marking issue areas.

Thanks and Regards,
Nakul
Hi,

Thanks for your further input/clarification.

After looking into these issues more, I was able to notice them. But please create images by marking issue areas. This will help us communicate your issues better to development team.

Please find attached images of 03-LossOfData.xls.out.tif

04-ExtraColumnWhenWeSetColumnToRepeat.xls.out.tif with area highlighted with issue…

Hi,

Thanks for your screenshots.

We have found and logged these issues in our database.

We will look into and fix these issues and once a fix is available, we will update you asap.

NakulKapadia:

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41195.
NakulKapadia:

4. Extra column is displayed if we set columns to repeat in source excel.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41196.

When shall we expect fix for these issues?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET

Sorry for inconvenience. We have added your comments against the issue ids. Also, I have requested the concerned developers to provide the ETA for these issues.

Hopefully, your issues will be fixed soon.

Hi Team,

When shall we expect fix for this issue?

Regards,
Nakul

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

It seems, your issues are difficult to be resolved. I have again added your comments against the issue ids to escalate your issue.

Also, I have requested the developers to provide ETA for these issues if possible. Kindly spare us some more time as difficult issues could take couple of weeks to be resolved.

Once, we will have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi Team,

I have checked the issues with latest version.

It looks only issue 1 is resolved with this release. Issue no 2,3 and 4 are still exists with latest version.

Thanks and Regards,

Nakul

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, your pointed issues:
2 - "CELLSNET-41190"
3 - "CELLSNET-41195"
4 - "CELLSNET-41196"

are not resolved yet. We have already asked the relevant developer to provide an eta if possible. Please spare us some time. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41190) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)
Hi Team,

Good job on this one and a special thanks goes to Nakul. Thank you very much Nakul.

I was facing the same issue (CELLSNET-41190) as Nakul and I'm glad to see that it is fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.4.1 (and 7.4.2).

Unfortunately, I've noticed that even if Text orientation is now fixed, the text alignment is not working.
So if the text orientation is "angled" *AND* alignment is set to Middle Align (vertical) and Center (horizontal),
the resulting image does not respect the alignment.

I'm using SheetRender ToImage

Michel

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please provide us your source file which is not giving correct output by SheetRender API. We will check your issue at our end and log it if we find any error.

Please also create a separate thread, it will help us sort out your issue easily.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.1 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.1 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

It has fixed the following issue.

• CELLSNET-41195 - aspose cell: ToTiff function Issues - Loss of Data

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41196;CELLSNET-41195) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)