PPT/PPTX to XPS Exception and the contents of garbled

1.Exception

There has a pptx file, use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 to open completely normal.
But use Aspose.Slides conversion error.
Aspose.Slides.dll is 6.5.0.0

Exception info :
[Exception]
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ™.‹™.e(String href)
at ™.‹™.(String href)
at ƒ•.‰•.Ÿ(˜ hyperlink)
at ƒ•.‰•.(˜ glyphs)
at ƒ•.’•.(˜ glyphs)
at •.˜.ˆ‰(Ž• visitor)
at •.˜.ˆ‰(Ž• visitor)
at •.˜.ˆ‰(Ž• visitor)
at •.˜.ˆ‰(Ž• visitor)
at •.„˜.ˆ‰(Ž• visitor)
at ™.”™.‹›(PresentationEx pres, Stream stream, XpsOptions options)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Save(Stream stream, SaveFormat format, SaveOptions options)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Save(String fname, SaveFormat format)

2.Other PPTX file,use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 to open completely normal.like:1.jpg

but use Aspose.Slides to xps ,the contents of garbled.like 2.jpg

Hi,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

I have observed the images shared by you. However, in order to further investigate and resolve the issue on our end, we need the source presentation and sample code that you have used for your investigation. Please also share the generated XPS files as well.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir:

Thanks for your reply.

Related files and logs,Please investigate the attached files.

sample code:

///
/// PFD To Xps
///
///
///
private void PdfToXps(FileTypeInfo fInfo)
{
SetLicense();
Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(fInfo.SourcePath);
pdfDocument.Save(fInfo.ProxyFileInfo.FilePath, Aspose.Pdf.SaveFormat.Xps);
}

Hi,

I have worked with the presentation files shared by you and have been able to reproduce the issues specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33670 has been created to resolve the NullReferenceException issue while exporting PPTX.pptx to XPS.

I have also observed the improper rendering issue for bullet character on slide and a separate issue with ID SLIDESNET-33671 has been created as enhancement in our issue tracking system.

This thread has been linked with the issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

hi

my customer use Aspose.Slides
for .NET 6.5.0
to investigate the issue.

Can you use Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.5.0 to reinvestigate the issue?

Hi Daisy,

I have tested the presentation using Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.5.0 as well and there is no issue with that as well. I suggest you to please install the used fonts in your operating system to avoid improper font rendering issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

You mean after my customer installs the used fonts in his operating system, both ID SLIDESNET-33670 and ID SLIDESNET-33671 can be solved?

Or it can only solve this question- ID SLIDESNET-33671?

Besides, what do you mean by used fonts?

Can you please explain it a little?

Hi Daisy,

Actually, installing the fonts will resolve the issue of block characters rendering. Issue SLIDESNET-33670 deals with NullReferenceException while exporting PPTX.pptx to XPS. Whereas, issue SLIDESNET-33671 deals with black background appearing in bullet characters. These are two different issues and installing fonts will not resolved these issues.

Many Thanks,

hi,

Ok. Ill ask my customer to install fonts.

When can Issue SLIDESNET-33670 be solved?

hi,

Part of the problem has been solved after my customer installs the fonts. But the problem is there are always some rare fonts in the documents. When converters dont include these rare fonts, can converters use default fonts instead of messy code?

There is another problem
See the code

///
/// Txt To Xps
///
///
///
private void TxtToXps(FileTypeInfo fInfo)
{
    SetLicense();

Aspose.Words.Document wordDocument = new Aspose.Words.Document(fInfo.SourcePath);

//Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder builder = new Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder(wordDocument);
    wordDocument.Save(fInfo.ProxyFileInfo.FilePath, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Xps);
}

After text is converted into xps, the content is messy code .see attached.

Hi Daisy,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides use Arial as default font for rendering when the used font is missing. Actually, the Chinese characters are not supported in Arial so the characters are rendered in form of block. The option that remains is to copy the used fonts in your operating system. However, I have added an issue as new feature request in our issue tracking system with ID SLIDESNET-33721 to investigate the possibility of setting the user defined font for rendering in case used font missing. This thread has been linked with the presentation so that you may be automatically notified once the feature will be available.

Hi ,Mudassir,

when can the question SLIDESNET-33670 be solved?

I know this issue is complex and may take long. But it has been here for one and a half month.

Could you be kind to solve it as soon as possible?

Hello Diasy,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that issue has not yet been scheduled for investigation. Actually, the issues are resolved on first come first serve basis and on the basis of the priority of customer based on their subscription. However, I have requested our development team to kindly schedule the issue and will be able to share the further feedback with you as soon as it will be shared by them.

Dear Mudassir,

I know there is the so-called first come first serve basis. But this issue has been here for one and a half month. Can you help me solve it as soon as possible?

Hi Daisy,

We are sorry for your inconvenience and like to share that we always try our best to accommodate the issues of our all worthy clients. As I shared earlier that I have requested our development team to provide the schedule for the issue. I am still awaiting response from them and will share that with you for sure as soon as it will be shared by them.

Many Thanks,

Hi Daisy,

I have received response from our development team and like to share that issue SLIDESNET-33670 has been assigned to concerned developer and he is investigating the issue. I will share the further news related to status of the issue as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33671) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(3)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33670) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)

Hi Daisy,

I like to share that issue SLIDESNET-33721 has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.2.0. Now, It is possible to define DefaultRegular font and DefaultAsian font for rendering. Please try using the following sample code to serve the purpose.

LoadOptions lo = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Auto);
lo.DefaultRegularFont = “Wingdings”;
lo.DefaultAsianFont = “Wingdings”;

PresentationEx pptx = new PresentationEx(“pptx_location”, lo);

pptx.Slides[0].GetThumbnail(1, 1).Save(“output location”, ImageFormat.Png);
pptx.Save(“output location”, SaveFormat.Pdf);
pptx.Save(“output location”, SaveFormat.Xps);

Many Thanks,