PrintDocument to PDF?

It looks like your pdf controls do a lot of manipulation to existing pdf files but I need to convert my .NET PrintDocument into a pdf. Will one of your products accomplish that?
This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hello Mike,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I’m afraid I’m unable to understand your requirement “I need to convert my .NET PrintDocument into a pdf”. Can you please share some details regarding it.

Let me share some details regarding Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

Aspose.Pdf is a component which offers the capability to generate PDF documents from scratch. You can generate a PDF documents using our API, while converting an image file into PDF document, convert text file into PDF, or transforming an XML file into PDF format. Whereas, Aspose.Pdf.Kit is a component which offers the capability to manipulate/edit any existing PDF document.

For more information on difference between two products, please visit [Aspose.Pdf vs. Aspose.Pdf.Kit ](http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/aspose-pdf-vs-aspose-pdf-kit.aspx)

I’m generating a report using the .NET PrintDocument Class (PrintDocument.Print Method (System.Drawing.Printing) | Microsoft Learn) in a Visual Studio 2008 .NET 2.0 project. I can print and preview this natively but I also have a requirement to print to pdf. Others out there can do it (ComponentOne PDF for example) but I don’t want to purchase their entire suite for just one control.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the information.

I'm not sure about the format of the input file that you are printing while using PrintDocument class.

I've seen the code example over the link that you've shared and in that code snippet, a .TXT file is being printed. In case you are printing the .TXT file, I would suggest you to visit the following link for information on Converting text file to PDF. Simply place the code for Text-to-PDF conversion before calling the PrintDocument.Print(...) method.

Please correct me if I've properly understood your requirement.

Really… that’s all you can come up with! I’m not not going to purchase your product based upon the poor support I’m receiving here. NOOOOOOOOO, I’m not printing a TXT file, I want to convert my PrintDocument object to a PDF. Why is that so hard to understand??? It’s fine if you don’t know but you really should ask someone else in your team before giving an answer to a question that you don’t completely understand.

Hello Mike,

As I've mentioned earlier, currently Aspose.Pdf for .NET does not support the generation of PDF from PrintDocument object. But, I've discussed the scenario with our development team and I've logged your requirement as a "New Feature" with ID PDFNET-11409, in our issue tracking system. We would look into the details of this matter and will keep you updated with the status of implementation. I cannot promise any certain date or timeframe by which this feature would be available.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Please,

Is there an update for this question?

Has issue PDFNET-11409 already been solved or created?

Please inform, we also need to save/export/print our PrintDocument to a PDF file.

Regards,

Jan Stolk.

Hello Jan,

I’m afraid the issue is still not resolved and we might not able to resolve it
in short time.

Please accept our humble apologies for such inconvenience. As soon as we’ve
made some definite progress regarding its resolution, we would be pleased to
update you with the status of correction. We’re really sorry for such nuisance

Please,

Is there an update for this question?

Please inform, we also need to save/export/print our PrintDocument to a PDF file.

Regards,

Jan Stolk.

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your patience and sorry for replying you so late.

I am pleased to inform you that the issue reported earlier has been resolved and as soon as the hotifx containing its resolution becomes available, we would be pleased to update you with the status of availability. We are sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11409) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.