Aspose.Cells is killing hyperlinks by adding "file:///" or similar

Hi Aspose team,

when I try to change hyperlinks in Excel document change is done but for some reason
file:/// is added in front of new hyperlinks.

I attached sample project and test document but coding is very simple:

public void ChangeHyperlink()
{
Workbook workbook = new Workbook("1.xlsx");
foreach (Worksheet worksheet in workbook.Worksheets)
{
foreach (Hyperlink hpl in worksheet.Hyperlinks)
{
hpl.Address=@"d:\_Work\whatever\Test.docx";
}
}
workbook.Save(dataDir + "output.xlsx");
}

During debugging I see that correct link is set over hpl.Address=... but when you open Excel document you see that new link is extended with file:///

Can you please urgently check this?

Thanks,
Oliver
If you open output.xlsx document and go to "Edit hyperlink" you'll see this added "file...".
I did different tests where new link was set to

hpl.Address = @"d:\_work\canada\Table of Contents.docx";

but in "Edit hyperlink" I got "\file:\d:\_work\canada\Table%20of%20Contents.docx" and I should have "d:\_work\canada\Table%20of%20Contents.docx"

It looks like that something is happening in moment when \\ in the beginning of hyperlink are replaced.

Thanks,
Oliver
Additional analyses:

- if links is starting with http or https, change is ok
- if link is starting with drive letter (for example, c:), change is ok
- if link is UNC path change does not work as "file:..." is added

If I do following

hpl.Address = @"\\d:\_work\canada\Table of Contents.docx";

change is ok and link is not broken.

Hi,

Thanks for your postings and analysis and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database as CELLSNET-44772.

Besides, we are to to inform you that we have also fixed your issue now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Thanks a lot for fast reaction.
I am looking forward to this fix :)
Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v9.0.6.0 (.NET 4.0) or Aspose.Cells for .NET v9.0.6.0 (.NET 2.0) and let us know your feedback.

Works (I tried .NET 4.0) :)

Thanks a lot for such a fast help,
Oliver

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44772) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44772) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)