Invalid Column Index (While rendering older .xls file)

Aspose.Cells for .NET version 8.9.0.0 (also tested with 9.0, same result)

Using this test function and attached file:

public static int TestBook(Workbook ToTest)
{
var ProblemSheet = ToTest.Worksheets.Find(x => x.CodeName == “Sheet5”);
ProblemSheet.Cells.DeleteBlankColumns(); //any modification will do, even a single deleted blank column
var Renderer = new SheetRender(ProblemSheet, new ImageOrPrintOptions()); //Invalid Column Index
return Renderer.PageCount;

}

Creating the render will throw exception immediately. if I do not modify the file nothing bad seems
to happen, but in this case I need to modify it. Opening in Excel and saving again mentions
clearing some data validation issues, and seems to fix the file, but this is an automated app
and manual solutions aren’t an option. Is there any way for Aspose to fix the formatting
programmatically, or another work around for this problem? I have tried opening the book
and saving as xlsx, but it doesn’t work.

Sorry for large sample file, but I couldn’t isolate only the problem sheet.

Hi,

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using the following sample code with his template file. I found an exception:“Invalid column index.” while rendering a worksheet to image file.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\VisibleLarge.xls”);

foreach (Worksheet worksheet in workbook.Worksheets)
{
if (worksheet.CodeName == “Sheet5”)
{
worksheet.Cells.DeleteBlankColumns(); //any modification will do, even a single deleted blank column

var Renderer = new SheetRender(worksheet, new ImageOrPrintOptions()); //Invalid Column Index

}
}

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44750”. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Corey,

This is to update you that the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-44750 has been marked resolved. We will shortly share the fix here after ensuring the quality and incorporating other enhancements.

Hi,

Please try the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 9.0.1 (attached) and let us know your feedback.

The new DLL works perfectly - thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version, we have closed the ticket now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44750) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.