Load from HTML ignores bold style from style block

When creating a new Cells workbook by loading an HTML file, bold style defined in the style block is ignored. The style attribute is processed correctly.

HTML
.CustomCss td,
.CustomCss {
font-weight: bold;
}
<td class="CustomCss">bold td
<td style="font-weight: bold">bold style
<tr class="CustomCss">
regular
bold tr
<table class="CustomCss">
bold table

C#
var workbook = new Workbook(htmlStream, new HTMLoadOptions());

Microsoft Office takes these styling into account. So this seems a bug to me.

Hi Corniel,

Thank you for sharing the sample.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.9.2.2 and we are able to notice the said problem. In order to further investigate the matter, we have logged this incident as CELLSNET-44695. Please spare us little time for the investigation. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Is there a any clue on when this bug will be fixed?

Hi Corniel,

I am afraid, we haven’t yet received any feedback from the product team, however, I have requested the concerned member of the team to share an ETA for the ticket attached to this thread. As soon as we get any news, we will post here for your kind reference.

Is there any update on the status? We have quite some customers complaining that their excel sheets don’t contain bold headers/totals any more after we changed our implementation to use Aspose.Cells.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid there is no update for you at this moment regarding this issue. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue and again requested the product team to provide some fix or ETA for this issue. Once there is some news for you, we will update you asap by posting in this thread.

Hi again,

This is to update you that the product team is working on the issue logged earlier as CELLSNET-44695, and we hope to provide the fix during the last week of September 2016.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.
Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v9.0.5.0 or Aspose.Cells for .NET v9.0.5.0 (.NET 4.0) and let us know your feedback.

I tested Corniel’s sample with 9.0.5.0, and that works fine, so this surely is an improvement. However, it seems to work only for TD tags, not for TH. I filed a separate bug for this:

Font-weight and text-align- both in TD and TH cells

Hi Ruud,

Thank you for the confirmation on previously reported problem, and creating a new thread for your recent concerns. Please keep following the other thread for all communications in that regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44695) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.