"Blocked" file

Hi,

We receive the attached file from a client. If you look at the properties of the file, it shows that it is “Blocked”. There is a “Unblock” button next to it which will unblock it. If you open it in Excel, at the top of the window it will say “This file originated from an Internet location and might be unsafe. Click for more details.” If you do a File…SaveAs in Excel, it will clear the “Blocked” status. If I try to open the file using Aspose, I get a “Index was outside the bounds of the array.” exception. The code used is

LoadOptions loadOption = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Xlsx);
workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(this.FilePath, loadOption);

Is this normal behavior? This is the first time I have ever seen a “Blocked” file. I have attached the file but I don’t know if it will retain the Blocked attribute. I also attached a screenshot of the Properties window.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-44643.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have looked into this issue further and found, blocked is the normal behavior.

Please create any excel file using Microsoft Excel and upload it on internet and then download it again and you will see, it is blocked and when you will open it, it will show “virus or unsafe” warning.

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-44643”) now. We will soon provide a fix after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.9.0.7 and let us know your feedback.

Looks like it is working well. Thank you for the quick response.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44643) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44643) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.