Worksheet Data Connection

Thank you for the support

Hi Dale,

This is to inform you that we have fixed the problem logged earlier as CELLSNET-43792, and we will shortly provide the fix here with the upcoming maintenance release of Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.1.1 and let us know your feedback.

Hi

Yes this now maintains the connection, great job!

It does not maintain the slicers are these not supported?

Thanks,

Dale

Hi Dale,

It is good to know that previously recorded problem has been resolved with latest release. Regarding Slicers, I am afraid, Aspose.Cells APIs currently do not support them. By the way, are you experiencing this problem while re-saving the spreadsheets with latest revision (v8.5.1.1)? If so, please share the spreadsheet in question.

Hi,

I don’t see the problem now with the slicers.

I will monitor and let you know if I come across any issues.

Thanks for the support

Dale

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

You cannot create/manipulate Slicers however if you will resave your workbook with Slicers, then it should not be corrupted and remain good.

Let us know if you again encounter any such issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

Hi,

Sorry, this should probably be a new thread but is related.

Saving of a workbook with slicers in is still a problem, please see the attached project when slicers are removed.

This is using the supplied hotfix 8.5.1.1

Thanks

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thank you for sharing the sample spreadsheet.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.5.1.1 and we are able to notice the problem. The resultant spreadsheet cannot be loaded with Excel application without recovery, whereas the recovery operation removes the slicer from the spreadsheet. We have logged this incident in our bug tracking system under the ticket CELLSNET-43799 for further investigation. Please allow us some time to properly look into the matter, and get back to you with updates in this regard.

Hi,

I have the same issue when I add a chart, the sheet has an error when opening it.

This happens just by

var wb = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“PivotMaster.xlsx”);

wb.Save(“new.xlsx”);

Thanks,

Dale

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I have tested this issue with your provided sample code and source excel file using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.5.1.1
and did not notice any error.

I have attached the output excel file for your reference. Please download it and see if you can notice any error. It will be helpful if you provide the screenshot of error.

We will look into your issue and help you asap. Thanks for your cooperation.

C#
var wb = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“PivotMaster.xlsx”);
wb.Save(“new.xlsx”);

It fails on open, Excel 2013 as before

Excel completed file level validation and repair. Some parts of this workbook may have been repaired or discarded.
Removed Part: /xl/drawings/drawing1.xml part. (Drawing shape)

Thanks,
Dale

Hi,

We were able to observe this issue by opening the output excel file in Microsoft Excel 2013. The output excel file opens fine in Excel 2010 though.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43802 - Excel file corrupts on opening and re-saving and does not open in Excel 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed the issues (CELLSNET-43799, CELLSNET-43802)

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.1.2 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

I can confirm that the slicer issue is fixed however, the issue with the chart is not fixed.

var wb = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook("PivotMaster.xlsx");
wb.Save("new.xlsx");
There are no errors upon opening the workbook but the chart is blank despite maintaining it's data connection.
The attached screenshot also shows how the design for the chart cannot be changed and just has progress wheels spinning.
This was tested with the latest version (Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.1.2) and Excel 2013.
Thanks,

Dale

Hi Dale,

We were able to replicate this issue by executing your sample code with your source excel file using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.5.1.2
. The output excel file opens fine in Excel 2010 but when it is opened in Excel 2013, chart is shown up as totally blank.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43812 - Chart gets blank in the output excel file and does not show up in Excel 2013

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.1.3

We have fixed your issue "CELLSNET-43812" now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.
Hello,

I can confirm that v8.5.1.3 resolves all of the issues I faced

1. Lost Workbook data connection
  2. Missing slicers
  3. Blank chart
  4. And errors

Many thanks,

Dale

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issues are sorted out by the new fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43812;CELLSNET-43802;CELLSNET-43799;CELLSNET-43792) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.