When combining two workbooks the styles of the charts are reset

Hello,

I’m working with Aspose Cells .NET v8.4.1.0.

I’m trying to combine two workbooks that contains some pivot charts with a template applied to them. When combining the workbooks, the styles of the charts are reseted to “Style2” on Excel.

I’ve applied the template chart on the original chart, but it is not applied on the output file.

This issue also happens when refreshing the associated pivot table.

Example 1:

Workbook wb_a = new Workbook(“C:\wbA.xlsx”);
Workbook wb_b = new Workbook(“C:\wbB.xlsx”);
wb_a.Combine(wb_b);

Example 2:

Workbook wb_a = new Workbook(“C:\wbA.xlsx”);
wb_a.Worksheets[“Sheet1”].Cells.ImportDataTable(data_to_populate, false, 1, 1, new_data_rows, new_data_cols, false, “mm/dd/yy hh:mm AM/PM”);
wb_a.Worksheets[“Sheet1”].PivotTables[0].RefreshData();

As you can see in the example_1.xlsx and example_2.xlsx files, neither the charts keep their styles, nor the pivot table keeps the “banded rows” option in SheetA.

I’ve attached an example.

Do tou know how can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Diego,

Thank you for sharing the sample spreadsheets and code snippet.

We have evaluated the presented scenarios while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.5.0, and we are able to replicate both of said cases. We have logged the following tickets in our database for further investigation and correction purposes.

• CELLSNET-43726: Combining workbooks change the chart style
  • CELLSNET-43727: “Cannot edit a PivotTable in group edit mode” Excel warning while loading combined result. Please check attached snapshot for your reference.
  • CELLSNET-43728: Refreshing the PivotTable with new data changes the chart style

Please spare us some time to properly analyze the scenarios to pin point the problem cause. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hello,

What about the “banded rows” style in pivot tables? When combining two workbooks it doesn’t keep the “banded rows” option on true…

You have to look at SheetB on example_1.xlsx (PivotTable1). This option is true in the wbB.xlsx file, but the after the combination of workbooks it is set on false.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Diego,

Sorry, I missed this point to check during my previous testing. Now I am able to verify that PivotTable’s Branded Rows option selection is lost while combining the workbooks with Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.5.0. I have logged it separately as CELLSNET-43735 for further investigation. As soon as we have completed the analysis, we will share our results here for your reference.

Ok!

Let me know any update on this.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Diego,

Sure, we will inform you as soon as we have completed the preliminary analysis of the logged tickets. Please note, all of the tickets are currently pending for analysis and are in the queue with other priority tasks.

Hi Babar Raza,

Is there any update about this issues?

Thanks!

Hi Diego,

We need more time to properly analyze the scenarios to pin point the problem cause so please spare us some time for it. By the way, among the 4 tickets attached to this thread, one ticket (CELLSNET-43727) has been marked resolved, whereas other tickets are currently in analysis phase. As soon as we have further updates regarding the unresolved tickets, we will post here for your kind reference.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi again,

This is to update you regarding the tickets attached to this thread. We will try our best to provide the fix for most of the issues reported in this thread by the 2nd week of July 2015.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.0.1 (attached).

We have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-43727” now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.
Hi Amjad,

Sorry for the late reponse.. I cannot test this (CELLSNET-43727) because that error doesn't show to me.

On the other hand, is there any update on the following tickets: CELLSNET-43726, CELLSNET-43728 and CELLSNET-43735?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

To update you for your other issues:

• CELLSNET-43726: We already requested the product team to provide an ETA for the issue, we have not received any update from the product team yet.
  • CELLSNET-43728: Hopefully, this issue would be fixed by July 19, 2015.
  • CELLSNET-43735: We are working over the issue, you will be notified when the issue is fixed.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed the issues (CELLSNET-43726 and CELLSNET-43728)

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.0.2 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Diego,

This is to update you regarding the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-43735. Hopefully, we will be able to provide the fix during the 3rd week of July 2015.

Thank you for your patience with us.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed the issue CELLSNET-43735.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.5.0.4
and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43735;CELLSNET-43728;CELLSNET-43726;CELLSNET-43727) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.