Saved document contains invalid xref table

Hello,

I have the save problem like describe in the post :
<a href="

Aspose.word : 15.3.0
Aspose.pdf : 10.2.0
Word : Microsoft word 2010 format DOCX

In my case I use a word document and I save it as PDF with the format PDF A-1A.
When you open the document, you have a problem on the xref table like in the other exemple.
I associate an exemple of code to generate the problem.
Like explain in the other post, I send an image with the display between a good file (right) and a bad (left).

For us this problem is blocking. We can’t set in production the application with this problem.

Best regard

Dear ASPOSE support,

Could you take into account this request please. It's a blocking issue for this application.

Best regards,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Raphaël BERTOLINO

Phone: +33 (0)5.61.18.58.45

Mailto: raphael.bertolino.external@airbus.com

Hi Raphaël,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-38505. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Raphaël,

Adding more to my previous comments, please note that currently issue is logged with low priority and in case you need to expedite its investigation, you may consider raising the request in Enterprise Support forum through your account which has Enterprise Support subscribed.

Dear support team,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please raise the priority because we need the correction ASAP.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Raphaël BERTOLINO

Hi Raphaël,

The thread is created by another user and if I move this query to ES forum, the other user might not be able to access the thread. Therefore I requested you to please create a separate post in Enterprise Support forum.

Hi Raphaël,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated the issue reported earlier and as per our observations, the PDF file is correct, however XREF contains several subsections which is acceptable according to PDF specifications. Can you please confirm why it’s necessary for you to have one subsection ?

Dear support,

You're right when you say that you are in line with the PDF specifications.

In fact, in our case, there is a problem with Adobe Acrobat reader 11 (and only this version) and when the document is signed (certification signature). If the objects 25 and 28 are not used AND not declared as free in the XREF table, the document is considered by Adobe reader (version 11) as corrupted.

We have openned a ticket on Abobe support too.

Are you aware of this issue? Could you just force the objects 25 and 28 as free if they are not used?

Raphaël BERTOLINO

Subcontractor for Airbus Sell & Support – ICA2

Hi Raphaël,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

The information has been shared with development team and they will further look into this matter. We will keep you posted with our findings.

Dear Support team,

I have a complement of information.

In fact, the issue is not about non-declared objects but about the use of mutiple under-sectios in the initial reference table. The generated document does not respect the section 7.5.4 of the PDF norm. Like explained in this section :

The table comprises one or more cross-reference sections. Initially, the entire table consists of a single section (or two sections if the file is linearized; see Annex F). One additional section shall be added each time the file is incrementally updated (see 7.5.6, "Incremental Updates"). <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Each cross-reference section shall begin with a line containing the keyword xref. Following this line shall be one or more cross-reference subsections, which may appear in any order. For a file that has never been incrementally updated, the cross-reference section shall contain only one subsection, whose object numbering begins at 0.

This is the root cause of our issue on lasts Acrobat Reader versions.

Could you fix it, please?

Best regards,

Raphaël BERTOLINO

Subcontractor for Sell & Support – ICST

Hi Raphaël,

Thanks for sharing the details.

The information has been shared with development team and they will definitely consider this information during the resolution of this problem. As soon as we have some definite news regarding its resolution, we will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Dear support team,

Can you tell me when the issue will be corrected and available?

Many thanks in advance.

<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val=“–”/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><span style=“font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Best regards,<span style=“font-family:“Times New Roman”,“serif”;
color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”> <span style=“font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”><span style=“font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:#595959;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>
Raphaël
BERTOLINO
<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:#595959;
mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>
Subcontractor for ICA2<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;
<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:#595959;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Phone:
+33 (0)5.61.18.58.45<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;
Mailto:
<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
color:#4F81BD;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>raphael.bertolino.external@airbus.com

Hi Raphaël,

The issue reported earlier is postponed due to other priority bugs. The team will plan the resolution as per their schedule and as soon as we have further updates, we will let you know.

Dear Support team,

Is it possible to have a status on this subject? When will it be available?

Many thanks.

Raphaël

Hi Raphael,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the issue is still not resolved and in pending state. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Dear Support team,

Is it possible to have a status on this subject? When will it be available?

Many thanks.

Raphaël

Hi Raphaël,

The earlier reported issue is still not resolved and is pending for review as the team has been busy fixing other previously reported issues. Nevertheless, I have asked the team to try accommodating the issue in their schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hello Support Team,

could you please give me some news about this topic ?

Best regards

Daniel STEPHAN

Airbus

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your inquriy. I am afraid the reported issue is still pending for further investigation. We have requested our product team to share the update. We will notify you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,