Difference between version series 14.x and 8.x of Aspose slides for java

Just wanted to ask: what is the diff between version series 14.x and 8.x of Aspose slides for java??

I could not find any difference from the release notes. Both seems to be same.

Moreover i am using Aspose.Slides for Java.

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Tahir Manzoor.

Hi Neeraj,

Thank you for using Aspose.

Well, Aspose.Slides v14.x.x is a unified version where we only have one Presentation class to process both PPT and PPTX files as compared to the previous versions (8.x and below) where we have 2 separate namespaces i.e. Presentation and PresentationEx to work with PPT and PPTX files respectively. Also, the new unified version removes the interconversion issue between PPT and PPTX files.

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Slides 8.8.1 for Java
There don’t seem to be any update on 8.x versions.
Will I have to port to 14.x version from now on since there are no more any releases
for 8.x series ?

Thanks,
Jaspreet Kaur

Hi Jaspreet Kaur,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have observed your requirements and like to share that Aspose.Slides for Java 14.x.x (present version 15.x.x) is new unified Aspose.Slides for Java Api providing single namespace for dealing with both PPT and PPTX presentation formats. The legacy Aspose.Slides for Java 8.x.x series API provided different namespaces for dealing with PPT and PPTX presentation formats and is no longer supported. I request you to please visit Programmers Guide section in online live documentation. Please also visit this documentation section for migrating from earlier versions of Aspose.Slides for Java Api to new ones.

Many Thanks,