Which product to download?

I am working on a project for my company. I need to generate ppt from SSRS reports. It seems your company may have the right tool. I would like to give it a try by downloading your trial version before purchase. But I am not positive which product and platform should I choose to download? Thanks!

Hi David,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please download and try the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services. You can find the installation details and other information regarding usage in our documentation section.

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Thanks Owais!

I downloaded the Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services file and tried to install Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services automatically for Microsoft Visual Studio Report Designer with the MSI installer. I got a “Could not properly install” error message and it let me to try manually. I then followed the instructions at your documentation section to install manually. I copy paste the Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll to the Visual Studio directory.

I then tried to register Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services as a rendering extension by adding those standard four lines to RSReportDesigner.config. However, when I tried to save and close the RSReportDesigner.config file I got a Microsoft Visual Studio error message: “Access to the path ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\RSReportDesigner.config’ is denied.” I tried couple of ways (opening the RSReportDesigner.config the file directly with Notepad, etc.) but always got denied message. Could you shed some lights? Thank you!

David

Hi David,

Thank you for the details.

It is very strange issue. Please share your system environment details and Visual Studio version you are using to further investigate the issue at our end.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Owais, Thanks for your feedback.

I have resolved the access deny issue and successfully edited RSReportDesigner.config and RSPreviewPolicy.config files by adding the Aspose related lines.

A new issue comes up. When I restarted SSRS and ran a report I received following error message: An error occurred during local report processing. Could not load file or assembly ‘MicrosoftReportingServices.ProcessingCore, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Any idea what went wrong?

By the way, below is my version details:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel

Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 4.0.30319 SP1Rel

Hi David,

Thank you for the details.

I am glad that you are able to resolve the previous issue at your end. Regarding your newly reported issue, could you please share your configuration files with me to further test the issue at our end.

Thanks & Regards,

Hello,

I meet exactly the same problem like you when I run my report I have the same message.

Did you resolve it ? if yes please tell me more about how to repair the issue.

Regards,
Adrien d’Herouville.

Hi Adrien d’Herouville,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the comments shared by you and request you to please try using latest version of Aspose.Slides and if there is still an issue then please share the detailed scenario, sample presentation and sample project with us. I will investigate the issue on my end to help you further. If possible, please create new thread for the issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I already used the latest version of Aspose.Slides for my tests but it still does’nt work.
I use sql server 2012 with SQL Server data tools integrated that permitted me to use BI tools.
Can you help me futher with this issue or not ?

regards,
Adrien d’HEROUVILLE.

Hi Adrien d’HEROUVILLE,

Thank you for sharing the feedback. I have tried to understand the issue shared by you but have not been able to completely understand the issue you are dealing with. I request you to please create a separate thread and share following information with us.

1. Complete issue statement
  2. Complete Aspose.Slides product and its version name
  3. Complete environment details and scenario in which you are using Aspose.Slides
  4. Sample working project if you are using Aspose.Slides for .NET
  5. Sample RDL file, datasouce, RPL export for your report.

We really wish you to help you further and need complete issue details from you to proceed further on our end.

Many Thanks,