Saving copy of XLSX file results in unreadable content

When trying to simply open and save an XLSX file, the resulting file is corrupt. Excel complains about “Removed Part: Print options.” when opening the file.

Please see the attached source file and the generated file.
Code snippet to reproduce:

import java.io.FileInputStream;
import java.io.FileOutputStream;

import com.aspose.cells.SaveFormat;

public class TestExcel {

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(args[0]);
com.aspose.cells.Workbook workbook = new com.aspose.cells.Workbook(fis);
workbook.setFileName(args[0]);
FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(“c:\savedByAspose.xlsx”);
workbook.save(fos, SaveFormat.XLSX);
fos.close();

}
}

The version which we used is 7.5.1, but we also tested with 7.5.2 which exhibits the same problem

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have looked into your issue and found the problem. The resulting file is corrupt and MS-Excel shows warning on opening it. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it further and resolve it. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40595.

Any news on this issue ? We really need a solution fast, and there is no workaround available. The corrupted files produced by Aspose seem to trigger different error messages depending on the Office version used: Office 2010 complains about the print dialog parts, while Office 2007 complains about sheet8…

A hotfix would be really appreciated…

Thanks in advance, Barry

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue. We will look into it. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

We are seeing the exact same issue using the .NET version of Aspose, v7.7.0.0. Any updates or fixes for this issue would be greatly appreciated - this completely blocks us.

Editing to add: When I saw your response, I double checked the version number, and above is the Slides version number. I was on v7.5.1 for Cells. I'll try the new version and will respond with results as soon as I can.

Hi,

We have checked your issue status from our database. We are glad to inform you that your issue is fixed. We will provide you a fix asap.

For .NET issue, could you please try the latest version Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.5.2 and let us know your feedback.

Upgrading to 7.5.2 did not fix the issue. I'm trying to get a minimal repro case for you.

In the meantime, looking at the corrupted file and the file that Excel created after it restored it, there's a file under xl\printerSettings named printerSettings2.bin that only exists in the restored file, but both of them have a printerSettings1.bin file. The original had 3 of those files. As the error message indicates that it removed two parts called "Print options" I'm wondering if that's related.

As mentioned, I'll try to get a minimal repro case to you as soon as I can.

Hi Michael Whalen,

Thanks for providing further details.

And, yes please , we will wait for your sample test code or runnable application with the template file if you have any, so that we could evaluate your issue on our end.

Thank you.

Attached is a "Before - Test File.xlsx" that reproduces the issue, along with "After - Test File.xlsx", the result after being processed by Aspose.Cells v7.5.2. The code that it ran through is very simple:

Dim Workbook = New Aspose.Cells.Workbook("C:\SourcePath\Before - Test File.xlsx")

Workbook.Save("C:\DestPath\After - Test File.xlsx")

Just reading and re-writing the file to a new location introduces the corruption.

Note: This does not happen for every document - some were processed successfully. I've reduced the content of this file to as little as I could while still seeing the issue.

Also, this does not happen with Aspose.Cells v7.4.3. That is the only other version I have tried (I happened to have a copy of that DLL saved, but no others at this time). I'll use that one to continue for the time being; hopefully there will be a fix soon so I can upgrade to the latest version.

Let me know if I can provide any more information to help with the issue.

Thanks,
Michael Whalen

Hi,

We were able to replicate this issue by opening and saving your file. The resultant file is corrupt and Excel shows warning on opening it. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41936.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have fixed the issue with id: CELLSJAVA-40595.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.5.2.1 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.2.1 and let us know your feedback.

Thanks - that does fix the issue for xlsx files. Unfortunately, I hadn't tested with xls files, and there's apparently a similar problem with them. The repro is not as simple, unfortunately - as soon as I have it narrowed down to the minimum case, I'll post more details. Should I continue that in this thread, or should I start a new thread?

Editing: Actually, as I investigate it further this is clearly a different issue, so I'll start a new thread once I have all the repro steps and demo file ready.

Thanks again for the quick response on these issues.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved. For your newer issue, yes, please create a separate thread. It will help us to sort out your issue more easily.

Thanks for the provided fix, this indeed fixes our problem with corrupt files.

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.5.2.1. We have closed your issue. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41936) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40595) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.