Can't edit the chart data in PowerPoint

Hello.

I have a problem editing the chart data in PowerPoint when openeing a PPTX created by Aspose.

I can't edit the chart data and when I open the embedded XLSX inside the PPTX, it asks me to fix it.
I have the PPTX attached (it's created by Aspose).
Only the 1st chart can have it's data edited. The rest seem to be problematic.

I use the :
AposeSlides 7.5.0.0
AsposeCells 7.4.3.0
MS Office 2010

Can you please tell me what's going on?
If I find time I will also make a sample app, hoping to reproduce the problem there too.
If you can guess what's going on without it, it would be great.

Thanks,
Kostas.

Hi Kostas,

I have observed the presentation and have observed the issue. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to investigate the issue since it is generated presentation. In order to further investigate the issue, I need source presentation, source excel files and sample application with which you are able to reproduce the issue. I will be able to carry out my investigation in light of information shared by you.

Many Thanks,

OK. I think I know what caused this behaviour.

I am using the new property “ChartDataWorkbook” to set the values and I do this:

int lDefaultWorksheetIndex = sth;
	var lFact = pChart.ChartData.ChartDataWorkbook;
	var lCell = lFact.GetCell(lDefaultWorksheetIndex, 0, 1, lData.Name);

Now, if I increase sth each time I make a new chart (strarting from 0), the problem appears.
If I always use 0 as lDefaultWorksheetIndex everything seems OK.

If you can analyse why this happen, this topic will be 100% complete.
I thought this index should be unique for each chart…

Best Regards,
Kostas.

Hi Kostas,

I have tried to observe the code shared by you and it
seem that you are trying to use the same excel file but different sheets for
MSO charts added using Aspose.Slides. I like to share that one workbook can be
used for one chart. Even if you try adding the multiple charts using PowerPoint
as well and save the presentation. Then you extract the presentation using
Winrar, you will see that there will be N workbooks for N charts. I guess this
is the case on your end as well and that is why the index is creating issue.
Please share a running sample application reproducing the issue if there is
still an issue on your end and I will investigate it further.

Many Thanks,
<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-font-kerning:1.0pt; mso-ligatures:standard;}

<![endif]–>

In Aspose.Slides 8.1, I found that the embedded excel file generated for the chart is broken. This causes the chart data not to be editable for line charts.

I am holding off switching to Aspose 15.6 (current latest at this time) as there seem to be some missing features such as the doughnut hole size property, which should AT LEAST be set to default of 50%, instead of deafaulting to 0%, which effectively makes it a pie chart.

Either way in 8.1 or 15.6 I found that I have to post process my PPTX files just to get what I need, but since there are more unknowns and changed APIs in 15.6 I am currently staying on 8.1.

Hi Kostas,

I have observed your requirement for setting Doughnut hole size and regret to share that at the moment the requested support is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Java. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34639 has already been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the support will be available.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34639) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.