Cells Workbook Save to CSV not keeping columns for each row

Hello,

I recently updated from 7.1.1 to 7.4.1 for .net Cells. We’re opening Xlsx files and saving them as CSV files (basically). In 7.4.1, the problem is that the CSV file doesn’t have the same amount of columns for rows when there is a missing value in the last column. Consider the following file (as if it were a xlsx file):

<table>
    <tbody><tr>
        <td><b>ColA</b></td>
        <td><b>ColB</b></td>
        <td><b>ColC</b></td>
        <td><b>ColD</b></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td><b>1</b></td>
        <td><b>2</b></td>
        <td><b>3</b></td>
        <td></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td><b>1</b></td>
        <td><b>2</b></td>
        <td><b>3</b></td>
        <td><b>4</b></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td><b>1</b></td>
        <td><b>2</b></td>
        <td><b>3</b></td>
        <td></td>
    </tr>
</tbody></table><br>
In 7.1.1, the output is:

ColA,ColB,ColC,ColD

However, in 7.4.1, the output is:

ColA,ColB,ColC,ColD

The last comma is missing in rows 2 and 4.

Is this a bug? Is there a workaround for this?

Thank you for your help with this issue,

J

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have noticed this issue using the latest version. Aspose.Cells does not add a comma in the row as you have mentioned.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix it. Once the issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41506.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.2.1 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Please find attached and try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.2.1 (compiled on .NET 2.x and targeted for any CPU with any of the normal .NET framework versions greater than or equal to 2.x (i.e. 2.x, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 etc.)).

It fixes your issue now.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41506) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

I am having the same problem in version 2.2 in production. Please let me know if it is there any workaround for above problem.

Thanks,
Saravanan

Hi Saravanan,

I am afraid, there is no workaround but to upgrade to latest versions of the product. If you still find the issue with latest version (e.g v8.3.0), let us know with your sample code and template files, we will check it soon.

Thank you.