Image truncated and colour different while converting Excel to PDF

Hi All,

I am using Aspose.cells 7.3.0.3 for converting an excel workbook to PDF. I see two problems in the output PDF :

1. colour of the shape is different from the colour in the source workbook.
2. One of the images is truncated from below even though it does not cross any page boundaries.
3. Outer boundaries of the shape with the colour are incomplete.
4. the colour filled is not transparent to show the background image like the original workbook

I am attaching the sample workbook along with the output PDF created using Aspose and one output PDF created using MS Excel 2007.

Code Used :
String path =“C:\temp_Aspose\Sample.xls”;
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(path);
workbook.save(path + “.out.pdf”, com.aspose.cells.SaveFormat.PDF);

Please look into this and let me know if I have missed anything.

Thanks,
Smitha

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

I was able to replicate this issue using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for Java v7.3.0.
with the following code.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix the problems and once the issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40281.

I have attached the output pdf for your reference.

Java

String path = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Sample.xls”;

workbook.save(path + “.out.pdf”, SaveFormat.PDF);

Thank you for looking into this case. I will wait for an update from you on the resolution.

Thanks,
Smitha

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We are working over you issue.

We will update you once this issue is fixed by posting on this thread and since your thread is also attached with Aspose.Cells issue tracker system, so you might also get automatic notification when the issue will be resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40281) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi All,

I have tested the fix with Aspose Cells 7.3.5 using the same file that I have attached along with my first post. I see that there is a improvement with the output generated, but not all of the problems noted above are fixed.

Here is a list of problems that we had seen with Cells 7.3.0.3 and my comments inline :

[Smitha] This issue is still reproducible with Cells 7.3.5.

2. One of the images is truncated from below even though it does not cross any page boundaries.
[Smitha] This issue is fixed with Cells 7.3.5.

4. the colour filled is not transparent to show the background image like the original workbook

I am attaching a screenshot along with the PDF output generated using Aspose Cells 7.3.5. Please take a look at issues #1 and #4 and advise.

Thanks,
Smitha

SmithaBhat:
Hi All,

I have tested the fix with Aspose Cells 7.3.5 using the same file that I have attached along with my first post. I see that there is a improvement with the output generated, but not all of the problems noted above are fixed.

Here is a list of problems that we had seen with Cells 7.3.0.3 and my comments inline :

I am attaching a screenshot along with the PDF output generated using Aspose Cells 7.3.5. Please take a look at issues #1 and #4 and advise.

Thanks,
Smitha

Hi,

We were able to reproduce your mentioned issues using the latest version.

We have logged the issue (related to #1 and #4) in our database. We will look into these and fix them. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will share it with you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40411.

Thanks Shakeel. I will wait for an update from you.

Thanks,
Smitha

Hi,

After further investigation, we found that you need to set the ImageType to PNG to preserve transparency.

For the color issues, we will work on it and get back to you asap.

Please see the following code to achieve desired settings. I have also attached the output pdf file generated by this code and screenshot for your reference.

Java

String path = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Sample.xls”;

PdfSaveOptions pso = new PdfSaveOptions();

pso.setImageType(ImageFormat.getPng());

workbook.save(path + “.out.pdf”,pso);

Screenshot:

Hi,

We have fixed both of your issues. i.e

1 - Transparency Issue (CELLSJAVA-40411)
2 - Color Issue (CELLSJAVA-40412)

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.3.5.2 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Shakeel,

I tried setting the ImageType as PNG and saving the given Excel workbook as a PDF. Even though the image is transparent, the quality of the image is very low. And if I zoom it to more than 100% the image is not sharp and does not look good.

I also tried using Cells 7.5.3.2 without setting the type as PNG and I still see issues with color and transparancy. Please advise.

Thanks,

Smitha

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We will look into your remaining issues and provide you a fix or advice. Please spare us some time to fix these issues.

Once, we will have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40429.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.4.0.3 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Please refer to the attached file created by the new fix/version v7.4.0.3

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40429) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.