IIS errors with Hello World demo

Hi Aspose team,

I've been trying to get the 'Hello World' demo working with the files available for download on your site "hello-world.aspx.vb" and "hello-world.aspx". Firstly I get the following Parser error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Workbooks_Data_HelloWorld'.
Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="vb" MasterPageFile="tpl/Demo.Master" AutoEventWireup="true"
Line 2:  	CodeBehind="hello-world.aspx.vb" Inherits="Workbooks_Data_HelloWorld" Title="Hello World - Aspose.Cells Demos" %>
Line 3: 

When I remove the Inherits="Workbooks_Data_HelloWorld" from line 2 I then get this error

Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'btnExecute_Click' is not a member of 'ASP.hello_world_aspx'.

Source Error:

Line 45: 				XLSX
Line 46: 			
Line 47: 			
Line 48: 		
Line 49: 	

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Pathfinder\hello-world.aspx Line: 47Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'btnExecute_Click' is not a member of 'ASP.hello_world_aspx'.

Can you tell me what I could be doing wrong please.

Many Thanks,
Lee

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET demos.

Please try the demos in Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Studio 2008. You will have to rebuild demos solution before running the demos using Build -> Rebuild Solution menu option.

First open your Visual Studio Solution File (.sln) according to your Visual Studio version.

• Aspose.Cells.Demos.2008.sln - Open this file if you have Visual Studio 2008
  • Aspose.Cells.Demos.2010.sln - Open this file if you have Visual Studio 2010.

Then rebuild your solution Build -> Rebuild Solution and press F5 (Ctrl + F5) to run the demos.

You will not encounter any problems. Let me know if you still face any issue.

Ok Thanks,

I have VS 2010 and I'm now able to run the demos. However, I'm trying to develop a webpage application with Dreamweaver and I'd like to use the demo codes to begin the development. Therefore I need to get the demo pages working in IIS so that I can begin to modify the code for use with my web page application. t seems that I'm not able to do this without generating the errors shown in the previous message. Can you help resolve the issues?

Can you recommend any web developers that construct websites using aspose to help me with this?

Thanks,

Lee

leegarner:

Ok Thanks,

I have VS 2010 and I'm now able to run the demos. However, I'm trying to develop a webpage application with Dreamweaver and I'd like to use the demo codes to begin the development. Therefore I need to get the demo pages working in IIS so that I can begin to modify the code for use with my web page application. t seems that I'm not able to do this without generating the errors shown in the previous message. Can you help resolve the issues?

Can you recommend any web developers that construct websites using aspose to help me with this?

Thanks,

Lee

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Well, you should not be able to face any issue on executing the demos on IIS.

These are just simple aspx web pages. Each demo consists of single web page. If you can deploy any other simple aspx page in IIS server and execute it, then you should not face any problem on deploying these demos.

Please try to create a simple aspx web page and execute on IIS server, then import the demo code inside it to see if it could resolve your issue.

I think the issue is with the reference to the class Workbooks_Data_Hello where i get the error

This stops the page from executing the code. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Lee

leegarner:

I think the issue is with the reference to the class Workbooks_Data_Hello where i get the error

This stops the page from executing the code. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Lee

Hi,

It seems that error is occurring because of ASP.NET engine and because of CodeBehind tag. Please change it to CodeFile and see if it resolves your issue.

Anyway, in order to help you better, I have a created a simple hello world demo by separating it from rest of demos in Visual Studio 2010. Please download and try deploying it at your end and see if it makes any difference for you.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for this. I can get this to work in IIS now. However I have been working in VB and not C#. Would it be possible to create the same files for me with in VB?

Many Thanks,

Lee

leegarner:

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for this. I can get this to work in IIS now. However I have been working in VB and not C#. Would it be possible to create the same files for me with in VB?

Many Thanks,

Lee

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It's good to know that you can this to work in IIS now. I have now attached the same demo in VB.NET for your help.

Below are the modifications/commented lines/log of changes for your reference.

CodeFile="hello-world.aspx.vb"
----------------------------------
'Comment all the controls declared inside this partial class
'Protected ddlFileVersion As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList
----------------------------------
'Open template
Dim path As String = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~")
'path = path.Substring(0, path.LastIndexOf("\"))
path &= "\designer\Workbooks\HelloWorld.xls"

In order to run other demos in IIS, you will have to apply the above changes highlighted as Red.

hello,
my name is sunil paul

@sunil_paul,

How may I help you? Please elaborate your query or issue and we will be happy to assist you soon.

I have same issue..

@sunil_paul,

Aspose.Cells for .NET works fine in IIS based ASP.NET web projects. The issue might be due to your configurations or VS.NET settings or else on your end, so you should fix it by yourselves. I have created a simple ASP.NET web project using VS.NET 2015 for your reference. Please download it using the link here. Unzip it to your desired folder on your disk. Open the solution file into your VS.NET and build/execute it. The web page contains a button and when clicked on it, it will generate an Excel file on the fly.

Let us know if you still have any issue or confusion.