Why does excel repair this file after being saved using aspose.cells

Hi:

Please save the attached file in the same directory with your project and run the following program. After you run it, open template_out.xlsx in Excel 2010. Excel will display the message:

Excel found unreadable content in ‘Template.xlsx’. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.

If I click yes, Excel fixes the error and it shows some other message with a link to an xml file. The spreadsheet was created with Excel 2010.

So, my question is what does aspose do when the spreadsheet is saved that triggers Excel to repair it? I am using aspose.cells .Net 7.3.3.0.

One more question, unrelated, we have purchased a small business site license. Do I need to link my id to that license somehow? Do I have any advantages when it comes to support vs posting to this forum?

Thank you

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Drawing.Imaging;
using System.Linq.Expressions;
using System.Text;
using Aspose.Cells;
using Aspose.Cells.Drawing;
using Aspose.Cells.Pivot;
using Aspose.Cells.Rendering;

namespace TestAspose
{
class Program
{

static void Main(string[] args)
{
// Procedure25();
Procedure27();
Console.WriteLine(“Done!”);
Console.ReadKey();
}

private static void Procedure27()
{
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(@"…\template.xlsx");
workbook.Save(@"…\template_out.xlsx", SaveFormat.Xlsx);
}
}
}

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

After an initial test using your code, I am able to reproduce the issue with the output file when opening it into MS Excel. I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-41178 for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.
Hi,

costab:

One more question, unrelated, we have purchased a small business site license. Do I need to link my id to that license somehow? Do I have any advantages when it comes to support vs posting to this forum?

Please post your query regarding licensing/subscription to Aspose.Purchase forum, one of our Sales staff member would help you soon there:
http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.purchase/220/showforum.aspx

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.3.4 and let us know your feedback.

Confirmed fixed. But could you please tell me what was it that caused the file to be “repaired”?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

The output file was showing error because of some corrupted records, so when it was opened it showed the message. Ms-Excel tries to fix the records but unable to do it.

Also, we have forwarded your question to development team so that you could be guided better.

Thank you. I guess what I am try to find is how likely it is that I am going to see a similar error in the future with some other permutation. It’s probably impossible to tell due to the complexity of this space, however, I trust that you have unit test cases and so on…

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

It is a generic error and can occur because of many reasons.

In your particular case, the issue was caused because of duplicate records.

The picture file extension is an uppercase word.

We have to gather all file extension to an inner xml file([Content_Types].xml ) in xlsx file.

We compared the file extension case-sensitive, so the file is corrupted because there are two Png records in [Content_Types].xml.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41178) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.