GridWeb inside JQuery popup

Hello,

I have a project where I need to have 2 Grid objects.
One must be shown inside a popup that is opened via jQuery.
You can check the attached sample project.

My problem is: the grid inside the popup, should have a freeze pane and scroll bars to access part of the columns.
As you can check in the attached image file, it doesn’t have the scrolls. It only when I navigate using the cursor keys (left / right / up / down) that the grid scrolls. But even then, it’s not doing the freeze correcly.

Can you please help me?
Antonio Carvalho

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.12.2004

It should fix your issue.

Let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Its still not working…
Have you even tried? Your reply was so fast that I wonder…

Please run my demo project, see the image, and please let me know if you don’t understand the problem.

Best regards,
Antonio Carvalho

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback with the latest version.

We have lately fixed some Javascript errors occurring on different browsers so we need to check if the latest version is working fine at your end or you are still having this issue.

We have logged your issue in our database. We will look into this issue and fix it. Once the issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41188.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have looked into your issue further and found that jquery popup is so quick that the Aspose.Cells for GridWeb component could not calculate its size. There should be some wait till the component size is ready.

We will let you know once some fix is available or we have some other update for you.

Hi,

Please download and try the latest fix:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.12.2005
. It should fix your issue.

Besides for this specific scenario, IE browser does not render smart enough as other browsers like Chrome/Firefox/Safari etc. So you might need some more adjustments for IE.

Below is our workable code section in Default.aspx.

<div
id=“frmNec” class=“BasePopup” style=“width:710px;height:485px;padding:0px;overflow:hidden”>

<div id="divGridNec" runat="server" style="clear:both;padding:5px;width:700px;height:420px;">

<acw:gridweb ID="gridNec" runat="server" SelectCellBgColor="MediumTurquoise" NoScroll="false"

SelectCellColor="White" ActiveCellBgColor="#00C0C0" Width="100%" Height="420px"

EnableDoubleClickEvent="false" oncustomcommand="gridNec_CustomCommand">

<CustomCommandButtons>

<acw:CustomCommandButton Command="fechar" Text="Close" ToolTip="Close" ImageUrl="Images/abort2.png" />

</CustomCommandButtons>

</acw:gridweb>

</div>

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(

function () {

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance().add_pageLoaded(SecondaryPageLoad);

}

);

var mydiologheight=485;

if($.browser.msie)

{//ie is not smart engough,it need some more dialog height or it will hide gridweb bottom panel

mydiologheight+=60;

}

function SecondaryPageLoad() {

if ($("#EditarNec").attr("value") == "1") {

$("#frmNec").dialog({

autoOpen: true,

height: mydiologheight,

width: 710,

modal: true,

draggable: true,

resizable: false,

position: 'center'

});

$("#frmNec").parent().appendTo($("form:first"));

}

}

</script>

Hello,

Thaks for your effort.

Unfortunatelly, it’s still not working very well. It displays the horizontal scroll bar, except in Firefox (my version is 16.0.2), but it’s not doing the freeze pane as it should.

Can you please take a look again? This is important, or the user will miss part of the data.

Best regards,
Antonio Carvalho

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.

We will further investigate your issue and get back to you asap.

Hi,

We have looked in your issue and found no problem. We can see that freeze pane works fine.

We have attached the test project and screenshot for your reference.

Screenshot:

Hello,

I can see for you image, that you only have full scrolls (vertical and horizontal), and not inside the freeze pane as it should.

If you check my first image, where I explain what area I need to be frozen.

I've attached a new image. You can see my comments. It seems like the grid is ignoring the FreezePanes function.

Please check it again.

Best regards,

António Carvalho

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please debug your code and and check the parameters you have set while calling FreezePanes method

Please set your paremeters as shown below.

public void FreezePanes(
int row,
int column,
int rowNumber,
int columnNumber
);

Your parameter values are not correct. You can check it while debugging your project.

gridNec.WebWorksheets[0].FreezePanes(ROW_BEGIN, COL_NEED_GROUP, ROW_BEGIN, COL_NEED_GROUP);

If you see the values, you are actually calling

gridNec.WebWorksheets[0].FreezePane(4,0,4,0)

so you will get 4 rows header freezed

And if you call

gridNec.WebWorksheets[0].FreezePane(4,1,4,1)

now the first column will also freezed

Hello,

Thank you.

It's working now.

Best regards,

António Carvalho

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb and sharing your feedback.

You are welcome. It’s good to know your issue is now fixed with some tweaks and new version.

Let us know if you face any other issue, we will be glad to assist you further.