SSRS Excel Data Only Export

Hi,

Please see if it is helpful.

Please reference to Customizing Rendering Extension Parameters in RSReportServer.Config at MSDN web site.

See the subsection.
Changing the Display Name

Please also see this additional information.

You can remove the unnecessary extensions from rsreportserver.config file found at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\rsreportserver.config

You will see there something like this

Just remove undesired extensions and you can rename them as I told you before.

Please see this document for your more help: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services - Using DLL Only.

How do I get a quote on getting this version? is it possible to get it with source code?

Hi,

Please refer following context to update your rsreportserver.config

========================================================================================

Excel (Data Only)

False

False

===========================================================================================

I have a report that has groups, when I do an export to Excel Data only, I would only want the data, but the group headers are also exporting in the data. I tried setting the group headers to NoOutput, but they still show.

(i've attached the RDL)

Hi,

Thanks for the RDL file,

Could you also attach your exported Excel file here. Also, attach your expected file here.

We will check it soon.

Thank you.

I added the two excel files… original, and proposed. I also highlighed the rows in the original I think that should be removed

Hi,

Thanks for your files.

We have logged your issue in our database. We will look into it and provide you a fix or advise you asap.

This issue has been logged as SSRS-40019.

Hi,

Please download and try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.13 .

I dont see much of a differance with this version. All the group headers still show in the data of the export.

UPDATE: It looks like the installer didnt overwrite the previous version... I un-installed.. deleted all dll's and re-installed... and it seems to work now.

Thanks

Hi,

It’s good to know your issue is resolved now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask, we will help you asap.

Hi,

We have fixed installation issues.

Please down and try the fixed version : Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.14.

I have an additonal report that does not export to Excel Data only. The Excel file is generated, but no data is returned.

(attached the RDL)

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template RDL file(s).

I have reopened your issue “SSRS-40019” again and we will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Another RDL that does not export to Excel Data Only

Hi,

Thanks for your file.

We have logged your comment and file against the issue id: SSRS-40019

We will look into it and get back to you asap.

Hi,

We had checked your provided report define files.

We have found and fixed the issue.

Please download and try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.20 (SSRS2008R2)

Copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder:

${SQL SERVER 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin</font>

We have checked CBSA Revenue Data Export.rdl. The report define file format is SSRS 2005.

Do you publish it into SSRS2008 R2 Server?

All reports are ran from SQL 2008 R2. Also, where do I put the license file?

Hi ,

If you manually install Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll file at server, please refer to the following two methods.

1. Method one

a. Please rename your license file to the following name :Aspose.Cells.Reporting.Services.lic .

b. Please copy the license into following folder:

${SQL Server for Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer
or
${SQL Server for Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

c. Please see the reference: License Document.

2. Method two

a. Update register table .

i. Create HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Aspose\Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices key for x64 OS.

ii. Create HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Aspose\Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices key for x86 OS.

iii. Create the Path value . The path value should point to the location of Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

iv. Place Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file into the folder.

v. Please set the license file in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file using the following context.

===========================================================================================================

===========================================================================================================

bwaddell:
with this RDL, it should export 2 tabs as it does in Excel, but in only shows one tab in Excel Data only

Hi,

For your above issue, please follow this thread.

SSRS Excel Data Only Export - This RDL should export 2 tabs as it does in Excel

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SSRS-40019) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.