How to compress images represented as DrawingML nodes

I need to be able to go through a word document (.docx) and compress all of the images. I see that all of the images in my document are represented as DrawingML nodes. How can I compress these images?

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. In earlier version of Aspose.Words DrawingML Diagrams and Charts were lost upon processing documents. In 9.4 we provide limited support of these kinds of content. Please see the following link for more information:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.drawing/
We will provide more control over these objects in one of future versions of Aspose.Words. We will let you know once accessing data of DrawingML charts is supported.
Best regards,

If the original document is created in MS Word, is there any thing that can be done when creating the document so that images will be represented as Shape nodes rather than DrawingML nodes?

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. You can save your document in DOC format. In this case all images will be represented as Shapes.
Best regards,

Unfortunately, saving in DOC format is not an option for me. My end goal is to minimize the size of the pdf document I am creating from the docx documents using Aspose. Using the Aspose pdf components, is it feasible to iterate through and compress the images in a pdf document?

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. If your images are JPEGs, then you can just specify JpegQuality upon converting to PDF:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.saving/pdfsaveoptions/jpegquality/
Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Many of the images are not jpg, so I am still interested in knowing if it the Aspose pdf components, make it feasible to iterate through and compress the images in a pdf document?

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. I think, it is better to ask this question in Aspose.Pdf.Kit forum. My colleagues will be glad to help you.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3958) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)