Wordml support

I saw some posts on this forum about wordml support for java.

The responses mentioned that it would have been released by now.

But when I try to load a wordml document, I get

com.aspose.words.UnsupportedFileFormatException: wml

I wanna know when will Aspose.Words support wordml format in java? It mainly affects on my decision for using Aspose.Words in my enterprised project. I want to convert wordml files to html format in this project.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately Aspose.Words for Java does not support WML format at the moment. The next few months we will work on porting DOCX import module into Aspose.Words for Java. Afterward we will work on other formats. Hopefully WML format will be supported somewhere in Q1 2009. But I can’t promise anything.

Best regards.

Hi,

Apologies for invoking old thread, but I am facing exactly the same problem.

I downloaded evaluation version of Aspose.words for Java, and trying to convert WordML document to Word 2002. But getting this exception:

com.aspose.words.UnsupportedFileFormatException: wml
at com.aspose.words.Document.b(Document.java:1302)
at com.aspose.words.Document.a(Document.java:1246)
at com.aspose.words.Document.(Document.java:143)
at com.aspose.words.Document.(Document.java:117)
at AsposeDemo.main(AsposeDemo.java:23)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:110)

Can you let me know if Aspose.words for Java supports WordML document for conversion purposes.

Thanks,

Arun

Hi

Thanks for your request. The current version of Aspose.Words for java does not support WordML format yet. This feature will be available in a month or so. We will notify you.

Please follow the link to learn what formats are supported:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/com/aspose/words/loadformat.html

Best regards.

Thanks Alexey.

Since we are on bit tight schedule, would it be possible for you to share pre-release version with us to allow us to start development. Our firm already has license for Aspose.Words for .Net, so if we can prove that Java version will do what we need to, then getting it approved will not be a problem. Of course, we can only do this if official release will definitely be available in about a month

For our project we cannot use .Net version since we need this conversion for a already existing Java service which runs on solaris systems.

Thanks,

Arun

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you a pre-release version. It is not our common practice to provide customers with custom builds.

By the way, the next version of Aspose.Words for Java will be fully synchronized with .NET version. So all features available in .NET version of Aspose.Words, will be also available in Java version.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for your response. I can understand that it is perhaps not possible to give pre-release version. Just one more question. On the documentation link below:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/com/aspose/words/loadformat.html

It says following type is supported:

DOCX

public static final int DOCX
DOCX

Office Open XML WordprocessingML document or template, with or without macros.

Is it some other format then? Or is it that OO XML, Word 2003 XML and Word 2007 XML are supported but not Word 2010 XML and you just mean that Word 2010 XML will be supported in next release

Please could you clarify ?

Thanks,

Arun

Hi

Thanks for your request. Aspose.Words for Java does not support WordML (Microsoft Word 2003 WordprocessingML) format. After synchronization NET and Java versions all formats supported by NET version will be supported in Java version. Please see the following link to see the list of formats supported by Aspose.Words for NET:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/aspose.words.loadformat.html

Best regards,

We are happy to inform you that the first auto-ported version of Aspose.Words for Java is ready. This version supports WML format. You can get it from here

Best regards,
Aspose.Words team

(14)