Timeline CustomXML-Support

Hi,
can you please tell me, whats your planned timeline for customXML support. Will you ever implement it? Some time ago you said, that it will be probably released 2008.
CU,
Stefan

Hi

Thanks for your request. There are three distinct forms of custom markup in Microsoft Word documents:

• Smart tags - now fully supported
  • Custom XML
  • Structured document tags (content controls)

Currently Aspose.Words supports Smart tags. We plan to support custom XML and structured document tags in the one of next versions of Aspose.Words.
Best regards.

Any idea when the next version of Aspose.Words will be released that supports CustomXml? We’re also looking for this feature.

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words still does not support CustomXml. This is a known issue #3046 in our defect database. Currently, I cannot tell you when this feature will be supported. Hopefully, this feature will be supported in the second half of 2009, but I cannot promise anything.
Best regards.

Hi,
so in version 7.0.0 there is still no CustomXML support? (Issue: #3046)
I’m very sad about that, because we still cannot use your product for our concern.
You said that it will be available in second half of 2009. So can you give us now an update of the estimated release date of this feature? Will you ever support CustomXML?
Thanks,
Stefan

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I still cannot provide you a reliable estimate regarding this feature. We will let you know once this feature is supported. Sorry for inconvenience and thanks for your patience.
Best regards.

Hello. Has there been any progress and expected implementation for the Custom XML Support in the past 9 months? I notice from the link to this thread that issue #3046 is still labeled Unresolved, but I can’t seem to find a way into the issues database for any more information.

We’re investigating the possibility of using Aspose to manipulate and possibly create documents that include Custom XML Tags and content controls which reference them. If Aspose strips the xml data on opening and saving documents, however, it more or less rules out that idea.

Thanks.
Mike.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words. We will support Custom XML and Content Controls in Aspose.Words in 2-3 months. We will let you know once these features are supported.
Best regards.

Awesome. Thanks for the update, Alexey.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4295) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(48)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 3046) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(11)

I see that custom xml support is available in OOXML files. Is there any schedule about implementing it for doc and xml (WordML) files?

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. At the moment custom XML is preserved only during DOCX open/save. Support for custom XML in DOC, WordML and RTF will be available in the next versions. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). You will be notified as soon as it is available.
Best regards,

Just some “insider” information to add:

1. In the current release “some” of Custom XML is actually supported in RTF. You can try and see if it works for your documents. If not, send us your documents.
  2. Support for Custom XML in WordML is most likely coming in the next release (December).
  3. Support for Custom XML in DOC is not likely to be ready for the December release, but most like the one after that.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 852) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 852) have been fixed in this update.

(49)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 3952) have been fixed in this update.

(12)